𝗗.𝗡

Darkness surrounded her, blocking her vision before a shroud of light peeked through. Her whole body ached, her limbs weak as her chest heaved up and down, struggling to breathe.

Figures appeared in front of her, simply a blur as she struggled to adjust to the blinding light. However, when her eyesight became clearer, she noticed the room was in pristine condition.

She felt like she had seen this place before.

And that's when the figure started moving towards her, the distant noise of footsteps getting louder and louder until they stopped- the figure now looming over her.

"I wondered when I would see you again, sunshine" The figure spoke, his voice deep and holding an accent which was hard to identify.

She winced as the voice sounded, piercing through her ears and slicing through her eardrums. Her lips moved slightly as she attempted to reply, but nothing came out- it was like she was paralysed in her own body.

Her head hung low and, no matter how hard she tried to lift it up, she couldn't muster up the physical strength to do it- she was drained.

However, her eyes managed to lock onto a metal tray just a yard from her, her heart instantly dropping.

Surgical instruments and other strange items laid on the table, lined up in a neat and orderly fashion.

"I wish this could have gone better, sweetheart- but I did what had to be done" The man spoke up again and she recognised the voice- why did she recognise it?

She tried to speak again, but it didn't work. No matter how hard she tried to rid the dryness in her throat, it just wouldn't work.

She noticed the man's body position change slightly, facing another figure as they started to approach the tray. Immediately, they picked up an object which she couldn't identify, but her body stiffened anyways as they began to approach her.

Too busy focusing her attention on the man walking towards her, she failed to notice the woman approach the man whose voice had tortured her ears, holding some kind of technological device.

"Her vitals seem to be strong and we've run every test on her- she's a match, Sir" The woman told him, showing him the evidence collected on the device.

"I always knew she would be, she's strong" The man responded, glancing back at the woman restrained in the chair in front of him.

"Is she keeping her alias?" The woman asked and the man just chuckled, shaking his head.

"No, she'll be unrecognisable after we're done with her" The man replied, an evil smirk tugging at his lips before his attention was pulled elsewhere.

"Should I proceed?" Another man asked, his body postition shifting, causing her attention to shift as well.

The man nodded, both him and the woman stepping back as the man walked just inches from her. He held the unique object in his hand, his grip firm before he lifted it up to just millimetres away from her.

She tried to move away and pull back from whatever it was, but her deteriorating strength and the back of the chair behind her prevented her from doing so.

And that was when a scream ripped through her body, an indescribable pain rushing through her as the man held the object to her temples.

She mustered up all the strength she could to try and make the pain more bearable, so much that she failed to hear the next words that left the man's mouth.

"She isn't just a girl anymore, no- she will be more lethal than that" The man spoke up, catching the woman next to him by surprise as his eyes were locked on the woman in the chair- writhing in pain.

"We shall call her..." The man started but trailed off for a moment, speaking up again only a few seconds after with a sinister smirk on his face.

"Deadly Nightshade."

————————————————————————

IT JUST GETS DARKER...

————————————————————————

D E A D L Y   N I G H T S H A D E
COMING SOON TO WATTPAD

———————————————————————

A/N:
I just want to take this time to apologise for ending Lady Nightshade like I did, but it was always in my plan to have a sequel. So, what do you guys think?

The disclaimer, playlist, trailer and the first five chapters will be up in one or two weeks so I have time to catch up on some writing during exam season. My life is gonna get hectic but this is my way of trying to get a chapter up once a week and being more consistent with my updates.

I love you all and I'll see you soon in Deadly Nightshade- stay safe you gorgeous humans!

- Holly <33