14- 𝗧𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗗𝗮𝘆

"Right, today we're going through some simple drills: shooting, knife throwing and one-to-one combat-" Amara announced, standing in front of the new recruits.

Xavier had allowed her to help train the recruits, considering she knows a lot about fighting. Even though he tries to ignore that fact, he can't ignore that Amara is quite skilful.

Azaiah had been forced to assist her, being the Mafia's second-in-command left him with some frustrating responsibilities.

"Just grab a gun and shoot at that fucking board" Azaiah yelled, becoming less impressed at his newest job as time went on.

At his command, everyone quickly scurried to grab a gun, standing in the stalls with a board in front of them.

"Seriously? We need to show them first-" Amara argued but Azaiah cut her off with a groan of annoyance. Amara Romero never failed to get under his skin, and not in the way he preferred.

"They know how to shoot a fucking gun, princess. If they don't, they're already dead" Azaiah told her, grunting as he looked at the recruits, all massively missing the target apart from one.

"So, we're looking at one survivor out of fifty- want to teach them now?" Amara sarcastically spoke, quirking an eyebrow as she looked at Azaiah.

"Fine, but make it quick, darling" Azaiah said, admitting defeat as Amara approached the recruits.

However, before she reached them, she turned around to Azaiah once more. "If you ever 'darling' me again, I might have to tell everyone about that piece of ink."

"It was a dare-" Azaiah started but Amara simply smirked turning away again. "Still there, 'darling'" Amara taunted, laughing quietly to herself as she grabbed a gun off the side.

"Everyone gather round, you need to be able to do this or you'll get one of these bullets in your head" Amara told them and they all practically shat their pants, not knowing that it wasn't a threat.

"If we can't do it, you're going to... k-kill us" a boy stuttered, his eyes wide with fear but Amara just looked confused.

"She won't, but I will" Azaiah announced, walking up behind Amara as she rolled her eyes.

"Why is everything about killing?" Amara muttered, taking a deep breath and shutting her eyes for a moment.

"None of you are getting killed! But if you go out onto those streets without the knowledge of knowing how to use a gun, you're already dead- and, believe me, I won't be coming to your fucking funeral if you do" Amara yelled, even taking Azaiah by surprise as all the recruits gulped, nodding their heads profusely.

"Want to show them how it's done then?" Azaiah said and Amara nodded, twirling the gun in her hand before pointing it at the target.

"You're going to aim for your target and make sure you keep your arms straight- this gives you the most accurate shot" Amara spoke, straightening her arms.

"Make sure the gun is loaded, of course, and move your hands out of the way of the slide and hammer- if not, you might lose a couple fingers" Amara told them, following her own instructions.

"I could see a couple of my fingers getting lost inside of you" Azaiah whispered into her ear and only then did Amara realise how close he was to her.

"If you want to get kicked in the balls in front of a bunch of teenagers, I suggest you carry on" Amara whispered back, though her voice held a lot more aggression.

"Do remember I've got a loaded gun, and I'm not afraid to shoot your shallow skull" Amara continued, turning her attention back to the demonstration as Azaiah retreated away. That girl never failed to amaze him.