𝗘𝗽𝗶𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲

Coldness swept through the gates of the graveyard, sending a chill down Elias' spine. Condensation left his mouth from every breath he took- every breath he wish he wasn't taking.

Every warmth that had ever touched his body had frozen, lost in a storm he knew would never end. He knew he would never feel that kind of warmth again, because the only person who had gave him that feeling had been snatched from his grasp.

Why did this happen? He would sacrifice everything he had just to hear her voice one more time- but even that wasn't enough.

Elias knew there couldn't be no God up in the dark sky above him- because no God would ever do something like this. She was too young, and he couldn't save her.

With a shaking hand, he leant down in front of the headstone, placing an orchid beneath it. He couldn't bare to look at the engravings, scared that reality would set in- but he did it anyways.

Natalia Maldonado
(1994-2015)
A loving sister, friend and partner- may her soul rest in peace.

"I miss you, Natty" Elias muttered, his voice barely a whisper as his trembling hands stroked the headstone, remembering the feeling of her cheek in the palm of his hand.

"I'll always love you, Natalia Maldonado, my heart is forever yours- even if it means I'll never love again."

A single tear fell down his cheek, one out of the thousands he had shed over the past couple of days. He hated himself for letting her go alone, for not being there to protect her- and he'll forever reap the consequences of his actions.

But, a smile did start to tug at his lips as he looked beneath her gravestone, adorned with different things to commemorate her with.

A drawing of a woman and a child- labelled 'Auntie Nat' and 'Arabella'.

A CD of Rihanna's single- 'Only Girl In The World'.

A flask with the initial 'N', identical to the one she had leant Azaiah on Christmas Day.

And a bunch of red roses with a note- Elias didn't look, but he could tell it was from Enzo, Estela and Ines.

She had died with love in her heart, so Elias found some kind of peace in that. Before he had met her, her grave would've been empty, adorned with nothing. But now she was more loved than ever- even in her death.

However, out of the corner of his eye, Elias spotted something, an old conversation he had with Natalia playing back in his head.

A single sunflower laid there.

He was about to torment himself with his own thoughts, but he was stopped by his phone buzzing in his pocket.

With his hands still trembling slightly, he picked it up, seeing a message from an unknown number.

Elias first saw a picture of a man with an address attached, but he didn't recognise him nor the address. However, another message was sent soon after, clearing up everything.

UNKNOWN: He's the man responsible for the making of the bomb that killed Natalia Maldonado, do with that what you wish.

Elias' jaw clenched slightly as his grip on the phone tightened as he saw Natalia's name.

But, in that moment, he heard her voice again, her face clear in his head. Her smile was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen and, even when he first met her, he couldn't ignore her beauty- even when he hated her.

Then his eyes opened, and the image and voice of the woman he loved was gone yet again.

He placed his phone back in his pocket, instead reaching in and grabbing a pair of sunglasses.

He needed to hide the anger in his eyes that had quickly replaced his sadness- numb to the feeling of the cool breeze that hit his sharp features.

And he was back to the man he was when he first met Natalia- cold and unfeeling. But, without her, there was a difference.

He was worse than the man Natalia first met and, with no one to pull him out of the darkness that threatened to consume him, he'd definitely be going to hell.

But this time he was going alone, without his Natty beside him- but he was happy that she wouldn't be able to see the havoc Elias would wreak on the world that took her away from him.

Because they would pay the price in blood, torture and pain.

A/N:
And that's the end of Lady Nightshade! I can't believe the book has finally come to an end and I have managed to share the story of Natalia and Elias which once was only in my head.

I just want to give a huge thank you to all the gorgeous humans who have read my book and supported me- you are all amazing and I wish you only but the best!

These characters once used to be a figment of my imagination but, seeing these people written in thousands of words, it has made me love them all (excluding Aur*lia, X*vier, Eli*na, Le*bardo and Dm*tri) - even their flaws.

Remember, this is my first book I have ever wrote so I apologise if it isn't the best book you have read!

Yes, I know most of you may not be happy with the ending, but it was something I had always planned on doing. All I ask is that you all don't hate me for it, which most of you probably will (but even so, our enemies to lovers trope?).

This is it from me for now as I need to focus on my schoolwork and exams but you'll hear from me again- I promise.

For now, I love you all- always and forever <33

- Holly :)

P.S- Don't stop reading just yet...