37- 𝗟𝗶𝗾𝘂𝗼𝗿 𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝗟𝗶𝗺𝗼𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘀

"Nat, where the fuck are you taking me?" Estela spoke, seemingly irritated as Natalia led her through a building. She was amused at Estela's annoyance.

"Just wait- patience, Stel" Natalia told her and Estela just scoffed, her tongue running over the flesh inside her cheek.

"I can't have patience when my wedding isn't even planned yet" Estela groaned, seeking restless as Natalia continued to lead her whilst she walked.

"You need to relax, Stel- you've earned it" Natalia told her and Estela just rolled her eyes.

"Relax? I can't-" Estela started but was cut off as Natalia removed her blindfold, revealing crowds of people, lights practically blinding her.

"Is this my-" Estela started but Natalia cut her off.

"Your bachelorette party. I invited some of your old classmates from back home, by the way" Natalia told her as Estela took a deep sigh, feeling herself start to loosen and relax.

"Thank you, Nat" Estela spoke, a small smile on her face before the music got louder and everyone started to walk towards Estela.

Most people made their way either to the dance floor or the bar, seemingly having the best time. Natalia didn't know how Estela knew all these people, she must have a larger circle compared to Natalia's close knit one.

"What did I miss?" A voice spoke from behind her, forcing her to turn around and furrow her brows.

"Ines? What are you doing here?" Natalia asked and Ines just furrowed her brows.

"What do you mean? It's Estela's bachelorette party- of course, I'm gonna be here" Ines spoke and Natalia just tensed her jaw, looking towards the floor.

"Great- what is it?" Ines asked, her voice now blunter as Natalia looked up to meet her gaze, a kind of tiredness behind it.

"What?" Natalia spoke, swallowing a lump in her throat as she regretted doing anything.

"Why can't you look at me? If you want me to leave, fine- just say the word" Ines told her, voice raising slightly.

"It's not that, Ines-" Natalia started but Ines cut her off.

"Then, what is it?" Ines spat, her eyes wide with vulnerability as Natalia just let the words out.

"I see the way you look at her, Ines. I can feel it when I'm in a room with both of you, and you know it- you always have" Natalia told her and Ines looked to the floor, swallowing the lump in her throat.

"But, she's getting married, Ines. She has a family with him and, no matter how much I don't like him, Estela's finally happy" Natalia finished and Ines was lost for words.

She came here tonight under the influence of tequila shots ready to make her grand gesture, win Estela's heart. But she couldn't break up a happy family- no matter how much it killed her inside.

So she didn't.

"I'm getting a drink" Ines muttered, disappearing before Natalia could say a word.

She looked over to Estela to see her talking vividly with a couple of her old friends with multiple drinks in hand, but Natalia could see her eyes drift to Ines once she noticed her.

She had to distract her from the one she should be with so she could marry a traitorous bastard- and Natalia hated herself that she had to do it.

Natalia looked towards some of the men nearer the stage and nodded as they nodded back. Suddenly, 'Pony' by Ginuwine began blasting from the speakers as the men ripped their shirts off, walking towards Estela.