42- 𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗜𝘀 𝗔 𝗪𝗲𝗮𝗽𝗼𝗻

Natalia glanced out of the window of the car, the vast building in front of her was unlike anything she'd ever seen- but every brick would forever hold the stench of blood from this day forward.

"Lorenzo, watch the dress!" One of the bridesmaids shouted, scolding him as he just held his hands up in mock surrender.

"I haven't touched anything, woman- calm down" Enzo told her, rolling his eyes as he was squished at the end of the seat.

"It's fine, Amy- the dress is fine" Estela spoke, but her voice seemed to be wavering only slightly- but only Natalia noticed.

Natalia placed one hand in hers as the bridesmaids got out of the car, hounded with flashing lights from the paparazzi- but the security managed to keep them from pouncing on them. But, by the looks on their faces from the attention they were receiving, they probably wouldn't have minded.

"Are you ready for this?" Natalia asked and Estela nodded, a slight smile on her face as she took a look at the decadent wedding venue.

"Yeah, I am" Estela told her, ignoring the fact Enzo was trying to calm himself down, seemingly more nervous than she was.

"You look beautiful, Talia- Elias is a lucky man" Estela told her and Natalia just chuckled slightly, but there were nerves hidden in that laugh too.

"I think they're expecting us" Enzo told them and Natalia just looked at the two of them, smiling fondly.

Natalia may be the youngest out of the three of them, but she always acted like the oldest. And today she was going to do everything she could to protect them- to keep her family safe.

"Enzo, you can get out first- I'm on dress duties" Natalia told him, almost demanding as Enzo stuttered on his words slightly but quickly gave up, stepping out of the car.

Estela stepped out soon after, Natalia following behind her and ensuring her dress and veil was safe. It was arguably the prettiest gown she had ever seen, but she didn't expect anything less from her sister- she always had the better style.

Camera flashes blinded her vision slightly, the shouts of the paparazzi becoming muffled noises. She couldn't hear anything, it was as if all of her senses were leaving her body, one by one- and she didn't know what to do.

Her mind immediately went to Elias, imaging that the dress in her hand was his rings, his soothing voice in her ear with every step she took. Soon enough, she could feel her senses coming back- as if he was the person to snap her back to reality.

"Nat, are you alright?" Enzo asked her, keeping his voice quiet and Natalia just gave him a confused look.

"Of course, I am" Natalia told him, realising they were stood in front of the doors of the building, Estela taking deep breaths in front of her.

"It's going to be fine, Stel- I promise" Enzo told her and she gave him a small smile before Natalia suddenly pulled them both into a hug.

"I love you both, okay? So fucking much, just remember that" Natalia told them and Estela eased into the hug, whereas Enzo was just stood there with a confused look on his face, almost suffocating.

"Why are you acting like you're dying?" Enzo asked as they eased out of the hug and Estela just swatted his arm.

"Shut up, Enzo- she's being nice" Estela told him and Natalia couldn't help but chuckle.

She felt sick to her stomach, her insides wrenching with guilt and she hadn't even done anything yet. All she hoped for was that they'd remember that, and they wouldn't hate her from this day on.

"They're ready for us" One of the bridesmaids spoke, opening the door which lead to a hallway, decorated with intricate patterns of foliage.

They walked through the door, and one by one the bridesmaids walked through the double doors, music playing as they entered. It all seemed so sudden as Natalia was being beckoned through, due to her being the maid of honour.