7. New Friends

Warnings
Panic attacks/ breakdowns
Swearing

Your POV:

"Correct me if I'm wrong.." i begin to speak. "but.. Are you the streamers in the D-Dream smp...?" I ask them all.

A Series of enthusiastic yep's, yes's, and mhmm's follow after my question

"I'm dreaming... I must be.." i quietly say to myself.

"Nope, it the real us!" I hear a soft voice say, it was Niki.

"Wait.. your Niki, and your Skeppy, Your Badboyhalo, Sapnap, George, Tommy, and your Tubbo!" I say looking around the room naming the people I saw. I was so happy a few tears began to build up in my eyes, and roll down my face. I wipe the droplets away with my hand, yet a couple more began to cascade.

"Oh no don't cry!" I heard sympathetic voices say. A larger smile spreads across my face.

I hear footsteps approaching room and another young girl walks through the door.

"Toby, Fundy is feeding your bees cocaine and cookies again" i hear her say.

"No my bees! Fundy you monster!" I saw Toby yell, running out of the room. I laugh quietly as another tear rolls down my face.

Hearing my laughter, i saw the girl look at me. She looks pretty much the same age as me. She kinda looked like Tubbo honestly. That's when it hit me.

"Lani?" I question, looking in her direction.

"Yep?" She replies.

'Oh my gosh, is this even real anymore-?'

Another few tears fall down my face, my eyes open in amazement, my mouth slightly agape.

"Oh hello!" she says sounding very cheerful and happy.

I began to feel a stinging, burning type sensation on my cheek, and I put my hand up to touch it, realising there was a bandage covering most of the side of my face, i accidentally pulled it off when i touched it. As the bandage gently falls off, and the cool fresh air around it hits the wounds, pain begins throbbing though my left side of my face. Another tear drops from my from my eyes, this time from pain.

I bring myself to face the floor instead of just standing there quietly and crying. As tears hits my wound, it brought more pain. Lani noticed my change in emotions. She walked up to me with a quickened pace, looking worried, and putting her hand on my shoulder.

"hey, hey, are you okay?!" More tears roll down my face, causing more pain. I brung both you my above the wound, hovering over it slightly, I faced from the others so they couldn't see, embarrassed for crying, mom always made be feel weak for crying in front of her or anyone else. Lani gently touched my chin, and directing it to face her, she then pulled my hands away, and wiped the tears that dropped down your face. I slightly screw you face up in a little bit of pain.

"Would you like me to help out a new bandage on it..?" She replies.

'She wants to help me... I'm mean, it would be rude to say no..'

"Yes.. please.." I reply back quietly.

"Okay!" Lani says with a small, cheerful smile. "Niki..? Where are the bandages again..?" She asked calmly.

Niki smiled. "How about you take Y/N to your bedroom, and I'll come and help, yeah?" Niki suggested.

"Sound good to me!" Lani exclaimed.

"O-okay.." I sort of mutter.

Lani gently put her hand around my shoulder, and leads me upstairs. Chatter with the group behind commences, yet I couldn't hear what they were saying exactly, but it could've been about me, and now I'm paranoid in case they think I was now annoying.

"How did you get that cut on your face.. y/n was it?" Lani asked, still walking along the hallway, that a few minutes beforehand, had recently walked with Dream and Drista.

Lani's POV:
'I think her name was y/n, wait was it, did I say the wrong name, oh no, that would be really embarrassing, please tell me I got it right..'

my mind was running itself in circles until my ears picked up on y/n's quiet voice.

"Y-yeah, I'm y/n.." I heard her say quietly. She sounded like a quiet person in general.

'Thank god I got her name right.' I thought to myself.

Y/N's POV:
Memories from the day before started flooding into my head like a tsunami.

"My mom, yesterday, uh, with a knife..." I respond to her question from before, still walking alongside her.

"Wait your mom did that! Oh my goodness are your okay?!" I heard her say frantically as she flicked her head around to look at me in disbelief.

'Was she worried about me..?'

As we walked along I felt her half hug me, making sure I felt safe, yet still leading through the large household, because fuck me dude they we rich rich, twitch streamers for you I guess.

We walked for a few minutes more until we reach a door. Lani opens it and we both go inside. "This is my room! Sorry if it looks kinda messy, I haven't cleaned it in a while and I wasn't exactly expecting a visitor" she says invitingly.

"O-oh that's completely fine! I really don't mind!" I say with a slight stutter and a soft smile, with a tears few tears following along, as I was still in pain yet tried to mask a happy face.

I look around her room for a couple seconds, realising something rather odd. "Hey Lani, weird question but um.. why do you have two beds, does someone else sleep in here too..?" I say, trying my hardest not to sound rude in any way.

"Oh.. well.."

Lani's POV:

"Well.." I start to ramble on. "Sometimes.. mostly during the night, I would have a nightmare, like a really bad one, one that's not normal, I'm still not sure what the are yet, basically night terrors I think one of the others explained to me." I explained as I sat down on my own bed, as Y/N came and sat beside me. "And when Tubbo or Niki came to help me through them, usually I didn't want them to leave, so we ended up getting another bed for Tubbo or Niki or whoever helped me that night, it was for them to sleep on." I finished off my short story to Y/N.

"Ohh, it makes sense, like the not wanted people to leave, you're at quite an vulnerable state, so it would be best if someone did stay with you" y/n responds.

I didn't know what to do during the moment, so I just hugged her, I wanted to make her feel like she was safe, or at least with me, and I think it helped, she was feeling a bit better i think,  she started leaning into the hug.

(Not a ship!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1172 words
Date started: (I forgot-)
Date finished: 4/04/21
Date published: 8/04/21