19. Apologies

Warnings
Panic attacks
Sorry if I miss anything!

(Sorry if you find this chapter may be shorter them my others)

Mia's POV:
I felt y/n shiver, feeling her heavy breaths on my neck as I hug her close to me. She had told me basically everything about herself over the four years we've known each other, so I know most physical and mental problems she has, I know what she struggles with, and all the things she's said throughout our crying sessions. Know all this I already knew when she didn't resurface right away, something was up, as well as the fact that she was quite a good swimmer from what I remember.

"I'm sorry y/n..." I mutter, bringing her into a tight hug.

"It's o-" she coughs. "Okay, it's not your fault.." she answers.

I'm honestly just glad she was ok in general, if it were my dramatic ass, I was have likely blacked out or something, but I knew y/n was internally, and physically stronger then I was, even considering the differences in our bodies.

"Y/n.." Clay spoke. "Y/n I'm so sorry.. I didn't think you would get hurt from that, if something worse were to happen, I would never live it down.. again, I am deeply sorry!" Clay apologised, and I could tell he was sincere.

Y/n try's to speak again, but coughs.

"Would you like some water y/n?" Drista spoke.

"Didn't she like, almost drown, Y'know, in water-?" Clay said, confused.

Y/n laughs at clays response and nods her head anyways as she sat up properly.

Drista went back to the house, soon returning with a glass of water. Shakily, y/n grabs the glass from her and take a sip.

"Thanks Drista"

"No probs"

"Y/n, are you ready to go back inside?"

"Yeah, I kinda wanna get outa these clothes anyway" she laughs.

I stand up, helping y/n to her feet, then we all proceed to walk back inside, y/n and I still wet, but we weren't dripping seeing as we both had towels.

We all walk inside their house, even before walking into the living room, I knew people were gonna ask if she was okay, and things with gonna get to heated for her with everyone surrounding her. We had to walk past the living room to get to y/n's and Lani's room, so there was no avoiding this.

I gently lay my arm around y/n's shoulders as we enter into the doorway. Eyes look our way, and immediately, Niki, Philza, and Tubbo come up to us to see if y/n and I were alright, as they had been watching from the window. Most of the others had confused looks on why the three were comforting the two of us, as most of them didn't know the events that took place about 10 minutes beforehand.

"Can someone explain to me why people are asking y/n and Mia if their alright? Didn't they just go outside?" George questioned.

"Well.. Uhh.. Drista begins. "Mia and I.. we may or may have thrown y/n into the pool as a joke.. then her knees popped and she almost drowned..." she explains.

Worried and shocked gazes come from the others, and more people got up and walked over to y/n. Unintentionally, my hand was moved off of her shoulder as everyone gathered around her.

Y/n's POV:
Everyone was crowded around me. My legs hurt, my eyes still stung a bit. More and more people started to surround me, and I feel Mia's arm fall from my shoulders.

I didn't like big crowds, I never have. This was no different, especially seeing as the focus was on me.

I feel my breathe catch, my vision went blurry, tears were threatening to spill over the rims of my eyes. I felt myself shake. I blink once, and tears flow down my cheek. My wound on my face still stinging from the chlorine in the pool.

My legs start to shake. Soon leading to myself collapsed in Karl's arms, as he was standing in front of me.

I latch onto him, feeling a sense of comfort in his arms. He quickly caught on what was happening.

"Guys! guys chill, I don't think y/n likes big crowds! Back away a bit and let her calm down!" Karl said loudly to get the others attention.

Everyone takes a few steps back. I hear a few people apologise, others cursing under their breathe.

Then Mia walks up and puts her hand back on my shoulder. I place one of my hands on top of hers, with my other hand still wrapping around Karl.

Tears flowed down my face. My vision was still blurred. I couldn't hear anything other then blurred out screaming, when in real life, it was only the others whispering.

I feel circles being rubbing on my back and on my hand that still rested on top of Mia's. I feel Karl passing me over into Mia's grasp, and she hugs me tightly. She continues to rub circles on my back, as my arms stay latched around her torso.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
882 words
Date started : 27/05/21
Date finished! 29/05/21
Date published: 29/05/21

Rewrite: 11/02/23