Piccolo

Chapter 7

Cali Woods

Dante pulled up next to my apartment in his black camaro. The ride home was a little awkward, we didn't talk much and the main reason for that was because I felt as if Dante was getting scared-or frustrated. He constantly was looking out the rearview mirror and taking roads that I've never been on to get to my place. And however silly it sounds, I'm kinda starting to believe were being followed.

But who would want to stalk two college students? Especially a 6'4 Italian man that could rip you to shreds?

Dante put his car in park and stepped out, quickly making his way to my door and opening it. I stepped my feet out first then grabbed his outstretched hand that helped me to my feet. He released my hand a little too quickly than I expected which made me stumble back a bit and hit my arm on his car door-definitely forming a bruise. He apologized in a quiet, "Scusate."

The lights that aligned the walkway to my building was lit up, making Dante's face even more intense. Dante watched his feet as he walked me to my building. I stepped up to the door and punched in the security code that would open the buildings door. A shot of courage rushed through me and I turned to face Dante, "Would you like to come in?"

Dante raised his head, his eyebrow raised and a perfect smirk displayed across his crafted lips. He grabbed a hold of my hand, "As much as I would love to-I can't. Have a goodnight, il mio amore." He placed a kiss on the top of my hand. It erupted in tingles causing me to blush.

Dante winked and dropped my hand, turning back towards his car. Before he could take a step I blurted out the most stupidest question, "Are you okay?"

Dante peered over his shoulder at me, the playful look back in his hazel eyes, "Yes. Why?"

The bruise. Your red eyes. Your messy hair. The red stain on your shirt that I saw on the way home. And the fact that you're constantly looking over your shoulder.

"No reason. I wouldn't want you to drive home this late if you're feeling bad." I smoothly lied, or so I thought.

Dante turned a little to face me, "Concerned for me are we, piccolo?"

If he kept talking in Italian I would jump his bones right here.

"Of course," I teased back, "You did get me home safely."

Dante smiled, a real genuine smile that had me blushing and fidgeting. He turned his back towards me once again and said a simple line in his native tongue, "Vedrò più di voi piccolo."

I'll be seeing more of you little one.

~~~

"Girl, where'd you go last night?" Lily said over the phone.

I had gone to bed a little after Dante left but couldn't exactly fall asleep-Dante's words rerunning through my head. I felt anticipation for our next meeting and could only think of him.

I had fallen asleep around five am only to be woken up at eight by a phone call from Lily.

"I left because someone was too busy doing the dirty," I sighed as I realized how bitchy I was being, "I couldn't find you anywhere in the house and Amelia and Cole left together."

"Oh," Lily sounded a little embarrassed, "Sorry, me and Daniel...lost track of time. How'd you get home?"

"Da-I walked to the bus stop and caught a ride home that way." I nearly didn't catch myself saying Dante's name, I know it sounds selfish but I wanted him to be my own little secret.

"Why didn't you catch a ride with Cody?" She asked, sounding a little distracted.

I hated when people called me while they were busy, it made me feel like I was wasting their time even though they called me first,"How'd you know we even met?"

"Oh!" Lily sounded excited, "Amelia told me all about your little meeting! She said it was magical."

I snorted, "Well she must have been drinking a lot because it was the total opposite."

I heard a car door slam from the other end of the phone and Lily sigh, "What happened this time?"

"Nothing bad," I said, trying not to make her feel guilty, "I don't think he was really interested in me, that's all. So, I didn't want to bother him with a ride home."

Lily whined on the other end, "Did you at least get his number?"

I sighed and looked down at my lap. I really need to learn how to flirt-last nights events made me feel like a prune, "No, he left pretty quickly after Amelia did."

"No worries! You'll be seeing him in a little while anyways."

I scrunched my eyebrows together, "I will?"

An engine started and loud country music blasted from Lily's car, "We're all going out to celebrate Daniel's birthday and I arranged that you both would come! Great right?"

I flinched in disgust. Thinking back to Dante and how attached I already was to him, the only person I wanted to see was Dante right now, "Do I have to? You know I don't like going to big parties, Lils."

"I know girl," Lily said, "That's why we're going to a restaurant, because I knew you'd bring your best self to a quiet, elegant place."

I felt a little hurt at her words. I knew I was grumpy when it came to being sociable and loud but I wasn't that bad. I thought back to the way Dante looked at me last night, when I was sweaty from dancing and in a skimpy dress-he looked at me with wonder and adoration. Cody looked at me like I was stripper or a prize,"What time?" I asked, giving in.

Lily did a little cheer in her car and yelled into the phone, "Yay! It'll be a great time tonight, trust me. Will you be ready by seven thirty? I'll text you the location later, okay? Dress sexy."

I nodded my head a little distracted then scolded myself we I realized she couldn't see me, "Yes I can. It's a Sunday night so I'm not gonna be doing anything."

Lily laughed into the phone, "Are you ever doing anything?"

I hung up, not wanting to hear anymore insults and laid my phone on my couch where I was perched up on a pillow, drinking hot chocolate.

Tonight would be interesting.

+