New View

Chapter 11

Cali Woods

"There's an extra room down the hall across from mine. If need be you can use this bathroom." Dante said as I followed him out into the hallway. He motioned to a room hidden behind a brown door.

I nodded my head in understanding and opened the door that led into the guest bedroom, "Where's your room?" I asked, in case I needed to know in a dyer situation.

Dante pointed to the room across from mine. I nodded my head and shut the door behind me, closing off his beautiful eyes and concerned face.

The way he looked at me made me squirm, and I couldn't tell if I liked it or not. He watches me with concern and interest, but how do I look at him? With fear?

If only I could read his mind.

The guest room was well decorated. The furniture and art hanging on the wall made me wonder who decorated the place. A girlfriend? Mom? Professional decorator? Hopefull it wasn't the first one: if Dante secretly had a girlfiend why would he bring a barley clothed girl into his home?

The bed was a master, piled with comforters and pillows. I quickly walked to the bed, the moonlight my only source of light. I felt as if the two dead men would appear in my room some how and get me. I climbed onto the bed, having to hoist myself up with a grunt. Being short has so many disappointments.

The bed bounced as I plopped down on it, face first. Groaning I pulled the blankets over my body and cuddled into the bed-it smelt like Dante.

~~

I awoke to the sun blinding me. I turned over to where I wasn't facing the window and slowly opened my eyes. I was met with a hot breath. The big dog stared at me, licking it's teeth and wagging it's tail back and forth. I jumped up quickly causing a bark from the dog. It jumped up on the bed, standing on top of me and licking my face. I pushed its large face off of me and finally got a good look at it.

It was a black Great Dane. I grabbed its collar and looked at the name tag: Zeus.

I laughed at the intimidating name and sat up, ruffling it's short and silky hair. Zeus laid it's enormous head on my lap and closed it's eyes, wagging it's tail at my affection.

I stood from the bed after a while and headed towards the bathroom I was in last night. I could hear the faint run of the shower and stopped at the door. Is this Dante's only shower or is someone else in there? The curiosity got the best of me and I quietly creaked open the door.

I gasped at the view. Covering my eyes I slammed the door shut and let out a little squeal. My heart was racing as the shower head turned off and the remaining water dropped onto the floor. The see-through shower door was pushed open making a 'creak' sound, making my heart slam against my chest even more.

I had just seen Dante naked.

I covered my mouth before a giggle came out and stepped away from the door, should I run and pretend it never happened? Stupid idea: you both made eye contact.

I could feel myself turn a bright red at the realization. The first thing I did see was his eyes...looking directly at me, and then my eyes traveled a little bit as I was shutting the door.

He probably thinks I did that on purpose.

The door to the bathroom slowly opens as I stand in front of it, fingers crossed that he didn't actually see me see him. Dante's head poked out first and he looked up and down the hall. His dark hair looked black from the water and droplets were streaming down the back of his neck from his hair. His hazel eyes seemed even brighter as they looked over at me in amusement, "Just making sure that was you peeping and not an intruder."

I covered my face up with my hands as it grew redder and redder. Dante let out a throaty laugh as he opened the door fully. Steam from the hot shower leaked out into the hall and allowing me a perfect look at Dante's perfect body.

"I'm guessing you needed a shower," Dante stepped out of the way of the door and motioned me in, "Take as long as you need."

I hesitated, a shower sounded very nice but I felt as if I had something very important to do today, but I couldn't quiet put my finger on it, "What's today?"

"Monday." Dante answered, watching me.

Oh gosh.

"Oh no! What time is it?" I asked frantically, running back into the room he let me stay in to grab my belongings.

"Nine-thirty," Dante was surprisingly dressed in sweats and an athletic tee, he watched me with no emotion, "Someone expecting you today?"

I shook my head as I pulled up his sweats that were hanging loosely on me, "More like somewhere."

Dante raised an eyebrow.

"I have a test today at the university in thirty minutes! Can you drive me to my place?"

Dante nodded his head and began heading down the stairs, I followed him until we reached the bottom and he pulled on some shoes. By the way he was expertly moving around made me question if he was ever surprised with anything that made him rush.

I tapped my foot impatiently, "How far do you live from my apartment?"

Dante shrugged as he opened his front door and let me step out first, turning he locked his door and began heading down the pathway to his black Camero that I was in last night, "At least twenty-five minutes."

I paused, "What! We'll never make it."

Dante opened the passenger door for me and waited till I got inside till he shut the door. He walked to his side making me fidget with anger, this was serious and he wasn't hurrying.

He sat down in the drivers seat and started the ignition, putting his car in reverse, "Don't worry, piccolo. I'll get you there in ten."

I grasped the 'oh shit' bars, as my uncle had called it, as Dante sped down his neighborhood. Luckily it was a Monday morning and people were already at work and kids were already at school.

The clock on his dash read: 9:45

The more faster he went and the more buildings we passed in such little time I began to feel my anxiety fade. I turned to Dante, "I'm sorry for freaking. I get real bad anxiety," I apologized, "Sometimes so bad that they turn into panic attacks."

Dante looked at me then with his lazy hazel eyes, "Do they happen a lot?"

I nodded my head honestly, "Especially since I was sent out on my own with my own responsibilities."

I let out a breath as we pulled into my apartment neighborhood. Dante slowed down as we reached my building at nine-fifty.

The car door unlocked as we pulled up, Dante turned towards me.

I looked at him nervously, "Thank you, for everything," I whispered, "I really owe you."

"You can't owe someone if they did it out of the kindness of their heart," Dante said, "I don't expect anything back."

I nodded my head and stepped out, hurriedly walking to my door so I could hurry inside and grab my bag.

"Piccolo," I heard Dante call, I turned to look at him, "If you ever need help with your anxiety, call me."

After that he sped off, leaving me to wonder when I'd see him next.

+