Fear

Chapter 30

Cali Woods

The car ride back to the hotel was silent, with Dante's hand on my thigh and the remembrance of what happened only a few minutes ago fresh in my mind.

Dante expertly steered his car with his left hand, his right hand teasingly running up and down my thigh.

I was angry for some reason. Maybe the fact that he practically took me on a table and ended it with 'I have business to attend to.' But, a part of me was grateful; I don't know how far I would have let it gone.

I picked Dante's hand off my thigh and intertwined our fingers, "What business?"

His jaw ticked, "About what happened last night."

I was glad Dante had opened up to me and actually told me what he was all about. No doubt did the knowledge terrify me. I tried coming up with scenarios of returning home without Dante. Without his manly presence and alluring scent. I was too attached to him to be able to let go and save my own self. He was leaving himself firmly planted in my brain without intentions of leaving anytime soon.

Dante squeezed my fingers tightly as we rounded the corner towards our hotel. Multiple black cars were parked out front with elegantly dressed people spilling out of them. The were dressed as if ready for the ball; too bad they missed it.

"Who are those people?" I wondered aloud, causing Dante to look at me.

His eyes held a little fear, I noticed, and it pulled at my heart strings, "Bad people," He sugar coated, looking out the window, craning his neck to look around the hotel, "When I take you to Lily's room I don't want you to leave. You will only come out if I ask you to. Blake will be guarding your door, but don't let him in."

I gave Dante an odd look, "What's wrong with Blake?"

Dante sighed and ran a tired hand down his face, "At times like these people you know best are hard to trust."

I sat up taller in my seat and faced him, "What do you mean? What's happening?"

Dante put his car in park across the street and unbuckled himself, "Stay in here."

Before I could respond his hand left mine and he was exiting his car. The doors locked behind him.

I turned in my seat to look out the back window as his large frame approached an older man with three people standing behind him. The were all dressed in black tux's, adding to the intimidation factor.

I felt as if I was in a movie, peeking out the back window as men talked in heated discussions. Dante's eyebrows furrowed-something he did when angry or confused. The man in front of him let out a loud laugh, shaking me to my core; it didn't sound right.

I screamed out just as Dante grabbed ahold of the pocket knife in the mans hand. The man that laughed quickly dropped the knife and kicked it towards the three men standing behind them. The act didn't go unnoticed by Dante, he kicked the man he was wresting in the gut, causing him to fall to his knees.

Dante lunged for the men tossing around the knife. The one on the floor motioned to me sitting in the car, "Ottenere il suo!" He screamed.

One of the three men who had the knife currently ran towards my side of the car. I pushed the hair out of my face and hit the lock button just for reassurance and began climbing into the back seat. Dante's car wasn't a four door so it'd be harder for them to get to me.

I looked back at Dante helplessly who snapped a guy's wrist easily, throwing him down on the floor. I then noticed that he had gotten three out of the four men. The fourth one currently beating on the window of Dante's car with his fists.