Protector

Chapter 15

Dante Valentino

I turned Cali's doorknob and opened the door, peeking a look over my shoulder.

Cali stood with her hand braced against the wall and her knees shaking. I smirked, liking the affect I had on her. I licked my lip ring, still tasting her on my lips.

I was an experienced man, no doubt, and I knew she wouldn't be able to go far. One of the reasons I stopped us. Another, due to the fact that I was tainted while she was pure. I, personally, didn't want to taint her just yet. But, I wanted more than anything to leave my mark on her-when the time was right.

She caught my eye and gave me a weak smile-then turning on her heel and walking towards the back of her apartment.

I shut the door behind me, making sure I locked it then walked around the outside of her apartment for a while-looking for anything...off.

I figured Cody had already placed a camera outside to see who came in and out.

My smirk grew as I noticed a small flashing red light inside the small tree outside Cali's door. I grabbed ahold of the camera and smiled into it-giving Cody my own little message. I crushed the camera in my palm, causing a small crunch.

Cody wanted her, but he wouldn't have her.

I shut the door to Cali's building slowly-trying not to wake Ms. Stone. The lady held my suspicions. She hated Cali yet stayed around in a dorm sized apartment when I knew she had money. I, for one, did my research.

The sound of a motor shutting off had me turning around. I stared out at the red sports car parked next to my bike-obviously one of Cody's men.

A stout man opened the car door and stepped out, crushing his cigarette under his boot. I slouched against the building lazily and grabbed my own cigarette-putting it between my teeth.

The stout man walked up to me, scratching his bald head. A tattoo ran from the bottom of his right eye down into his shirt, no doubt a sign of membership.

"Nice night, huh?" I questioned, nodding at him.

He gave me a disgusted look and stopped a couple of feet in front of me.

"Vedo tu sei il protettore delle ragazze?" The man asked in a scratchy voice.

I could see his facial features better due to the buildings lights. His eyes were red-probably from smoking something other than a cigarette and he had a scratch running down his left cheek.

"Rough night?" I asked, laughing as I grinded out my cigarette.

The man turned his lip up in disgust, "Rispondi alla domanda!"

I raised my hands up in a fake surrender, "Calm down. No need to tell-the lady is trying to sleep." I said, motioning up to Cali's dark window.

The man looked up at her window for a while. A protective sense passed through me and I was ready for anything he was about to do.

I was taken aback by his sudden laughter. He looked over his shoulder and called out cheerfully, "Il povero è montata!"

Laughter came from his sports car and another person opened the door and came out. His walk was more confident than the bald man in front of me-telling me he was in higher power.

I gritted my teeth as the man came closer, his blonde hair lifting up from the harsh wind. Cody smirked at me and stood next to his man, "I see you've became...infatuated with Cali."

I narrowed my eyes at him, "I wouldn't be the only one."

Cody laughed and patted the bald man on the shoulder, "Well how could you not? With those fine curves of hers. Did you happen to hear the way she takes in a breath whenever you touch her in that special spot? Or the way she clutches you when you touch her pu-"

I lunged at Cody before he could finish his sentence. I knew Cali wouldn't do that. But, how naive could she get? Would she have gone all the way with me tonight if I allowed it? Has she done anything with Cody that I have yet to do?

My anger boiled even more at the thought and I continued to land multiple punches to Cody's pretty boy face.

"Marco!" Cody yelled.

The bald man, Marco, grabbed my back and tried pulling me up-he didn't do too well but enough for my grip to loosen on Cody's shirt. Cody took the chance, landing a punch to my jaw. My head turned from the force and I spit out the blood from me biting my lip.

I jerked up my elbow, hitting Marco right in the forehead, he groaned and slumped back against the wall. Cody switched our positions and tried to punch me in the face for a final knockout. Luckily for me, I had grown up in a training facility.

I caught his fist easily and twisted it, he cried out in pain as I turned it and stuck it behind his back. I kicked him off me and stood to my feet.

Cody clutched his wrist and remained on the ground. I bent over and grabbed a fistful of his shirt, "Come near Cali again and I will personally make sure that the next man on my hit list is you. If you even look at her I will personally carve your eyes out and feed them to my dog. Am I understood, kid?"

Cody nodded his head and was picked up by Marco who had woken up.

"I don't want to see any of your men hovering around either. It will not turn out good for any of you. Adesso vai."

Marco placed Cody back in the passenger side and turned to give one last look at me. I remained still with my arms crossed over my chest and a new cigarette between my teeth.

Macro then got in the car and drove off, the low hum of his engine disappearing.

I looked back up Cali's window, making sure the commotion hadn't woken her.

I walked down the sidewalk,after I figured she was stool asleep, towards my bike, where I kicked up the stand and straddled it.

The wind blew in my face as I drove home, the thought of Cali's body fresh on my mind.

~~~~~~
Vedo tu sei il protettore delle ragazze: "I see your the girl's protector"

Rispondi alla domanda: "Answer the question"

Il povero è montata: "The poor man is whipped"

Adesso vai: "Now go"

+