New Horrors

Chapter 36

Cali Woods

The gravel crunched underneath my feet as we walked to an unknown place, at least to me. Dante walked a little in front of me, walking tall  and stiff. A few days ago he walked with ease and familiarity and now it was the complete opposite, scaring me.

I watched as his hand clutched my bag, his knuckles white and veins bulging. His jaw was locked tight, making his growing scruff more visible. His brown eyes were cold, as if holding no life and on a dangerous mission. He only got this way when someone was speaking of Cody.

I wanted so badly to reach out and hold his hand, wrapping his strong, Italian arms around me. To feel him touch me one last time.

I had yet to know exactly where I was going, I figured a safe house somewhere to get me away from him, but he didn't do anything to help my assumptions.

"Dante," I whispered, continuing when he tensed, "Where am I going?"

He didn't turn to look at me, only quickened his pace. A car honk sounded in the distance causing me to jump and speed up. I matched his pace and looked over at him.

Dante refused to look at me, "Somewhere safer, you won't be in any trouble. It'll just take some getting used to."

I felt tears prickle my eyes for no reason, "You know you're being a total dick."

Dante suddenly stopped, facing me with an unhappy frown, "It's for the best. You're not safe with me."

I stomped my foot, my blood boiling. I had never been particularly angry with but at this time I saw red. My life was normal before this, if it wasn't for him if be at school still studying to be a vet, a normal small town girl with a too big dream. But ever since I laid my eyes on him at the school, his hazel eyes piercing me I couldn't exactly scratch the itch. I had claimed his as mind, and I didn't have to piss on him to make everyone believe it.

I grew even more angrier thinking of another girl on his arm.

"Quit being a cliché bastard and tell me what's happening, now!" Tears spilled from my eyes now, my fingers clenched into fists.

He stood motionless, letting me pathetically fall apart. I wanted to go back to normal, I had my my own normal life after my parents split. I wanted to for guilt of killing a man so young. My father had urged me to do it but nothing and nobody could have made me done it, only myself.

"You think you're the only one being left here but it's not true, I'm not some girl you can show affection and love to and then just dump me like some whøre! We've carved ourselves into each other's mind so don't act like I'm nothing. You're about to leave me forever and you won't even hold my fūcking hand!"

Dante reached out and grabbed my hand, stopping me from jerking away from him, "Piccolo, why are you just now telling me all of this?"

"Because I lo-"

"Well, well, well, earlier than I expected, but welcome," Cody's voice left a sickening feeling in my stomach, "Calista Woods, or should I call you Calista Adami?"

My mouth dropped open, "What?" This horror was certainly not real.

I gripped Dante to tell if I was dreaming, he squeezed my fingers only telling me that this was too real.

"You see," Cody continued, "You didn't think we'd let you go that easily. Did you?" Cody circled around me, Dante slowly drifting away from me, "Your father owes me a lot of things, you being one. I'm here to collect. With Dante's permission of course."