Tribal

Chapter 10

Cali Woods

We pulled up in a gated community, holding multiple large houses. All houses were made different, some made of brick, some made of rock and wood. The entire community held two story houses that held at least seven rooms-debating on the multiple windows outlining the house. The yards were perfectly kept-from what I could tell in the dark-and yard lights lighted up the way towards the front door. Every house was magnificent.

"I thought you said you lived in an apartment." I mumbled as he parked his car in front of a house made of rock and wood.

Dante smirked as he made his way to the passenger door, opening it for me he said, "I might have lied."

I stuck my foot out to stand up but Dante already had his arm tucked under my knees and around my back. He hoisted me out, careful to not hit my head, then shut the door with his foot. I could get used to this.

"That's a big lie you told." I said, a little distracted from gawking at Dante's arm muscles and how large his hands were. My stomach fluttered as I studied him a little, his body was amazing...but was he truly?

Dante opened the door with trouble from me being in his hands. I laughed, "You can set me down, I'm not going to break."

Dante opened the door, "Don't be so sure."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and stared blindly into his house. The light flickered on and I gasped-the house was truly magnificent.

Surprisingly, for a mans house, the place was well kept and everything matched. Items were placed in appropriate places, except for a few shirts and socks discarded around the living room.

I didn't get a chance to look at the rest of the room because Dante began ascending his stairs, without turning on any lights he brought me into a bathroom and sat me on the vanity. He then turned on the light and looked at me.

A sudden fear came to mind that I should've been cautious of all along. What was his intentions of bringing me here? I panicked a little as I thought of bad case scenarios and tried getting down from the vanity. Dante quickly grabbed me by the shoulders, "Relax," he whispered, "I'm just going to clean your cuts."

There was no harm in that was there? He just wanted to help...but why?

I shivered as Dante searched the room for a first aid kit. I was cold and exhausted, it had to be at least midnight by now.

Dante returned, standing in front of me. He rummaged through the kit, "Once I finish I'll get you warmer clothes. For now I need to check if they planted anything on you."

"Like a tracking device?" I scoffed, this wasn't The Hunger Games.

Dante nodded his head, "Exactly that."

My eyes bulged at his comment, "Why would muggers want to track me? Isn't that a won-n-done kinda thing?"

Dante shook his head, a frown etched on his face, "They weren't muggers."

I raised my hand to my head, a headache beginning to appear again, "Then who were they?"

Dante hesitated, fighting with himself to whether or not tell me. He let out a small breath, "They were apart of a gang that tracks woman. They attack, plant a tracking device then come back to get you."

I gulped, "What happens after the get you?"

Dante looked up at me finally, his hazel eyes sad, "They sell you."