Always

Chapter 14

Cali Woods

I nearly jumped a foot in the air at the sound of his deep voice. I clutched my heart with my hand, "Gosh, Dante. You have to stop doing that."

Dante had a playful smirk on his face as he squatted down and took a seat next to me, his muscular arm barley touching my skinny one.

He wore a black shirt that hugged his torso and dark jeans. His dark hair was messily lying across his forehead, giving him a boyish look.

The heat that radiated off of him caused my vision to be more clearer and my pulse to lessen. I sighed and relaxed against him-liking the heat.

"Are you okay?" His deep voice shook my body.

I closed my eyes and leaned my head against his shoulder, "Now I am," I took a breath, "I was gonna head home and call you there but I didn't make it very far."

Dante chucked, "Good thing I was here."

I lifted my head to look at him, "What are you doing at a frat party anyways?"

Dante looked down at me for a moment and studied my face, a grin breaking out across his face. Causing his dimples to be evident and his eyes to lighten, "What if I said I knew you were gonna be here?"

I shrugged, "Wouldn't be suprised-I'm known for making stupid decisions."

Dante stood to his feet, causing my to fall over slightly from the sudden movement, "Where are you going?"

Dante outstretched his hand. His massive hand swallowed mine as he brought my to my feet, "Making sure you get home safely."

I smiled to myself and bit my lip. Dante was a good person-better than Cody. But why did I feel like there was something fishy happening between them two?

Dante and I walked to my apartment in silence, our shadows passing in front of us from the sidewalk lights.

College students pasted by us, every once in a while casting Dante a strange look-like they've never noticed him before.

"What are you majoring in?" I asked, after a girl passed by with a dog. It was a German Shepard and I couldn't help but compare it to Dante's Great Dane. I really wanted to see that dog again.

Dante cleared his throat after a few seconds of silence, "Business and Managing-"

Typical college degree.

"-Also biology." Dante said, casting a dimpled smile down at me.

I raised an eyebrow, "Want to run a biology lab?" I joked causing a wider smile from Dante.

"Something like that."

I smiled and watched my wedged feet as they clacked on the sidewalk. A couple of boys walked by, singing and swaying to nonexistent music. Dante turned his back towards me-slightly cutting off my view of the drunken guys. He pushed into my body a little as they passed, not trying to hit them. I huffed-they could of at least shared the sidewalk.

Dante chuckled as he fell into step next to me, "They better get to their dorm before the cops come out and see them."

I nodded my head and turned to look at the boys. I saw no sight of them though, like they had simply disappeared.

Dante raised an eyebrow at my confused face but didn't seem to care for the reason.

I turned my head and looked up his towering frame. The lights from the sidewalk eliminated of his face-giving his high cheekbones a dangerous look. I wanted nothing more than to run my fingers along his toned face and body. His jaw was clenched tightly causing me to look up at his eyes. They were watching me intently. I blushed and looked away quickly, walking up the steps of my apartment building.