Prologue

Dante Valentino

I spit blood onto the concrete floor and wiped the remants from my lips. Blood never tasted good to me and I didn't like the satisfaction it brought to the big, burly man that was beating me.

"Got anything else smart to say, bitch? I'd love to break that pretty boy nose of yours."

I smirked at his insult and sat back up, "Not at the moment."

The man threw another punch at me, hitting me square in the jaw. He laughed and turned his back on me, heading out of the metal room. Once I heard the dead bolts lock I slid back onto the floor and tore off my shirt, tying it around my wounded leg. The bastard shot me after I told him he wouldn't.

My phone began ringing and I groaned, plucking it from my jeans, "Hello?"

"Did you get it?" Roy, my boss said from the other end.

He sent me on an expedition to find this code that would deactivate a very deadly weapon from the army. It was in waiting for the next World War and Roy wanted it so he could flaunt it and say he'd give it away for money. But, unfortunately, while I was searching around for it an old friend caught me and tried bringing me back to his boss. Alas, my injured leg and bruised jaw.

I sighed into the phone, "No, not yet. I've ran into some unfinished business."

That, was not a total lie.

"You better get it boy, and fast. Or we'll have unfinished business." He hung up the phone after that little threat.

Yeah right, he's never done shit to me and I'm not starting to fear him now. He says this to all his victims yet I haven't seen him do anything. The man was all talk.

Unlike the man that was holding me captive now. It was almost laughable at how stupid he was. I've escaped many cellars like this one, escaping dead bolts were like tying my shoe.
~
I laughed as I heard the roar of the big, burly bald man. He must have figured out I escaped. I limped down the alley way as shouts and scuffling came from behind the metal building.

I clicked the button in my hand. The building behind blew to pieces as I turned the corner.

Never looking back.

~~~
"+" means chapter is edited.

+