Book One, Chapter Eight:New Friends

Over the next six year's Erebus lived with Pamuya. She didn't sleep in the house that she showed him but she came to check on the boy everyday. His plan to live a human life was in a way going good. The Peta people never really got use to have Erebus around. He heard it in the crowds of people and he feels it everytime he absorbs that dark mana. He and Malsum trained and grew together. Erebus seem to be living a happy life. One morning while meditating Erebus had an interesting talk with his father.
Massaw: Well my son, you have grown well the past few years. I see that all the knowledge I stored in you isn't too much to handle, and I can feel your magical power has grown since leaving the palace.
Erebus: Father? I thought you were still sleeping.
Massaw: I am but as your father I'm still mentally linked to all of you. So have you found the other Wendigo?
Erebus: I have a new purpose. I want to stay and live with my mother for as long as I can.
Massaw: Your mother? You have no mother. Your petty attachment to this human is going to get her killed.
Erebus: You don't know what you're talking about, I won't let anyone lay a hand on her.
Massaw: Humans fear what they can not control my child. Their fear will be her down fall. And what of the other Wendigo? Did you find it?
Erebus: No I haven't.
Massaw: You have a duty to your family to get the spear, go find the other Wendigo and to come back to the Palace!
Erebus: I've got a new purpose in life and I have a duty to my mother to get it done.
Massaw: I see. Then maybe I should have Chibiabos take it all away.
Erebus: Your sleep should keep you in check for 10 more year's.
Massaw: Try seven or five, or maybe I'll break the seal in a few hours.
Erebus: What do you mean?
Massaw: My child who do you think placed the seal on us in the first place? I can undo the seal at anytime I feel.
Erebus: So why don't you just do it?
Massaw: Everything in do time my son, but I will let you see this fantasy out.
Erebus: Father, before you go, what if you're wrong?
Looking over his shoulder Massaw said " It's not about who's right or wrong, it's about what's fair. My brother and his children took everything from me, and I will not have my own child stop me from completing my goal."
Ending his meditation, Erebus slowly opened his eye's as he sat there thinking.
Malsum: Well that was an interesting talk wasn't.
Erebus: Speaking to my father was unfortunate.
Malsum: So are you satisfied with your human life so far?
Erebus: What do you mean?
Malsum: Well six year's ago, I can't imagine that this is the life you expected.
Erebus(laughs): You're right. I didn't expect this. But as a demon I can't be mad at their fear of me. I just get so blood thirsty around them. I feel this dark mana flowing from them to me.
Malsum: That's their fear.
Erebus: What do you mean?
Malsum: As a Wendigo you are the only Demon's that can absorb fear. Most demons can manipulate fear into illusions, but Wendigo's can absorb fear to add on to their already large reserves of mana.
Erebus: So that's what that was. Looks like we'll have to learn how to control that.
Malsum: So do you plan on living here for as long as you can?
Erebus: No, I still have to get the other Wendigo then live here for as long as possible.
Malsum: How do you plan on doing that?
Erebus: All Wendigo's have a mental connection that will always be connected. And when I first woke up I remember seeing the other Wendigo in a pod. I touched the pod can sent a little bit of my mana to it. If I meditate hard enough I should be able to find it.
Malsum: And what about your magic spells?
Erebus: We know enough spells for now Malsum. Take a breather and relax.
As Erebus said that Pamuya walked into the house saying " Erebus are you here?".
Pamuya: Oh hello there Erebus, how are you? Oh hello there Malsum.
Erebus: I'm find mom, but I can sense Hakan outside the door.
Hakan walks into the house and greets the boy.
Hakan: Erebus.
Erebus: Hakan.
Pamuya: I swear you two will be the death of me. Today is a special day Erebus.
Erebus: Why do you say that?
Hakan: Today you'll be meeting my family and the other royal family, so try and behave yourself.
Pamuya: Hakan stop that. I'm sure Erebus will be fine.
Erebus: Why all of a sudden do they want to see me now?
Pamuya: Huh?
Erebus: So why now am I going to be on display for his family!?
Almost as soon as he finished his sentence Pamuya slapped him across his face. With tears in her eyes she said" I would never display you like some animal."
Erebus: I know I'm sorry for shouting.
Hakan: Your meeting the family so you can be properly introduced to them. Trust me if it were up to me you wouldn't be here right now, but Pamuya's love for you has shown your worth it.
Erebus: I'm confused what do you mean? Worth what?
Hakan: We'll explain everything on the way there, but for now grab your thing's and come with us.
Pamuya: Oh Erebus, I wanted to give this to you since you don't like wearing shirts.
Erebus: Is this a wolf's fur?
Pamuya: It belonged to my father and now I'm giving it to you. It's magical fur will fit to your body for as long as you wear it. You know my father was a man who was kinda a lone wolf. That's what my last name means.
Erebus: What was his last name?
Pamuya: Guipago. I think it'll be a great name for you since you said you don't have one. Erebus Guipago.
Erebus smiling: Thanks mom I like.
Hakan: Alright come on my father is waiting back at the royal temple.
The group traveled to the Temple of Mana.
Erebus: This pyramid is shaped fun.
Hakan: What do you mean?
Erebus: Nothing its just, I've never seen one like this before.
Hakan: This temple has been the home of my family since the God's Jamul and Kwahn taught our people how to survive in this area. You do know who they are right?
Pamuya: Hakan stop treating Erebus like he's dumb.
Servant(1A): Hello there prince Hakan, princess Pamuya, how can I assist you today?
Hakan: We have a meet with my father and the rest of my family.
Servant (1A): Yes sir please wait in there for the rest of the family.
Pamuya, Hakan and Erebus sat around a huge magical bonfire.
Erebus: So how long do we have to wait?
Pamuya: Just be patient and wait. I meant to ask has Malsum gotten bigger in the past couple of years?
Erebus: Yeah he had really gotten huge. He says that means I've gotten stronger too.
Pamuya: Your potential is endless. I can't wait to see what type of adult you'll become.
Hakan: So Erebus, what type of weapon would you use in a fight.
Erebus: My ice can become anything I can think of, so I really don't need a weapon.
Hakan: Who first taught you magic?
Erebus: My sister taught me how to control the flow of my mana, but I taught myself how to use it.
Hakan: It's just hard to believe that a boy so young could have such great control over the mana in the air. You have to of had a teacher.
Erebus: I knew just enough to survive.
Hakan: That's bullshit.
Pamuya: Hakan!!
Hakan: I'm sorry Pamuya, it's just thing's with this kid just don't add up.
As the group was talking, six people walked in and sat down around the bonfire.
Servant(1B): Blessed day to all of you. This meeting was called upon by the royal family Pamola. They wish to discuss the future of the boy named Erebus. The Pamola family will be able to discuss their concerns and ideals but our cheif will have the final say on this boy's future within this tribe. While the adults talked the children present will be place in a room next to the meeting. At this time I ask all children to follow me into the waiting room.
Pamuya: Go with them Erebus, everything is going to be okay.
Erebus: Okay. Come on Malsum.
Malsum: I'm right behind you.
As the servant showed Erebus and two other kids to the waiting room, Erebus looked back and saw the smile on his mother's face. But could sense the fear in her heart. She was scared about what they were going to do with him. Sacred that she couldn't protect him. The waiting room was part of the main hall. It contains pictures and stories of Hakan's family. Erebus just stood in the room looking at a wall. It was a picture of a battlefield. You could see humans and God's fighting many forms of Demon's.
Yami: Interesting isn't it?
Erebus: Huh? Oh... yeah.
Yami: Just to think that this was just a few hundred years ago but lucky it's over now right?
Erebus: Yeah.
Yami: My name is Yami Pamola, what's your name?
Yoru: Yami stop talking to a lowlife like him and just sit down and wait.
Yami: Yoru stop being so mean. Dont mind him he's just a mean person, so what's your name?
Erebus: My name is Erebus Guipago.
Yami: Oh you have the same last name as cousin Pamuya are you and her related?
Erebus: No. She game me the last name, she's like my mom.
Yami: Well where are you from?
Erebus: I don't remember.
Yoru: Where ever you're from I hope they send you back soon.
Erebus: What your problem?
Yoru: My problem is that I am a member of the royal family and I'm sharing a room with a boy who was found in a cave.
Yami: Yoru stop it. We heard you can use ice magic, is that true?
Erebus: Yes it is.
Yami: Wow that's so cool. I can use snow creation magic and my grumpy older brother can use light creation magic.
Erebus: Light creation magic? I've never heard of it.
Yoru: That's because my magic is divine.
Erebus: Its sound's impressive but I doubt it can beat my magic.
Yoru: Are you challenging me you peasant?
Erebus: No I'm not challenging you.... I'm letting you know you could never beat me.
Yoru (smirking): Is that so?
The boy's stood up and faced each other. The magical pressure in the air almost made it hard to breathe. Silence filled the room as Yami watched the two boy's face off. Breaking the silence Yoru through a punch at Erebus, but without even flinching Erebus froze the boy in his tracks.
Erebus: See I told you that you couldn't best me.
Turning his back to the frozen boy Erebus went back to looking at Yami and the paintings on the wall. Breaking out of the ice with his light magic Yoru said " Don't you dare turn your back on me."
Erebus: Wow you're alot stronger than I thought, but it's still not enough. That light magic you have is unique all by itself.
Yoru: Thanks, now allow me to kill you with my light magic.