Book One, Chapter Twenty-Two: Horned Serpent

Everyone seem to be enjoying themselves at the water hole. It was a discreet location where the children can hangout and practice their magic.
Izusa: I love how everything here just looks untouched by humans.
Nahele:Yeah, it looks like no human has ever even been here. The magical energy coming from this place is making the air thick.
Gaia: This place is nice.
Huracán: Hey guy's look. I think there's a small deer over here.
Gaia: HURACÁN WAIT!!!
Jumping out of the bushes was a giant horned serpent. Just barely making it in time Gaia jumped to grab Huracán and jump out of the way.
Izusa: Are you guys okay?
Inola: What the hell is that?
Uktena: I Am the horned serpent Uktena. And I have found some tasty smelling souls to eat.
Huracán: Gaia thanks.
Gaia: No problem. This thing is a demon. His power level is....7460. EVERYONE GET AWAY. Izusa open up another portal.
Izusa: I can't. I need a few more minutes.
Gaia: Damnit.
Inola: That means we have to fight. Aquatic Arrow.
Firing three arrows at the serpent but to no affect.
Uktena: You'll need a stronger attack than that children.
Swinging his tail the serpent sent Inola flying across the ground.
Uktena: I hope I didn't kill her too soon, but time to eat.
Huracán: Flame clubs. (jumps in front of the unconscious Inola) Alright you demon I have enough fire to burn you to a crisp.
Uktena: Such a foolish human.
Dashing at Huracán using his horns to slash at the flame prince. Fighting back with a combination of counters and blocks, Huracán seem to be holding his own. But the attacks have started to wear him down. With a swipe of his tail he knocked Huracán off his feet. From the tree four arrows fire at the serpent.
Uktena: Are you attacking me without magic? Foolish human's.
Nahele jumping to Huracán's side.
Nahele: Huracán I'll back you up. Shattering land.
The ground under the serpent collapse in and the serpent fell. Running to Izusa, the children were thinking of a strategy.
Gaia: Nahele are you okay?
Nahele: Yeah but Inola is unconscious. Even though she blocked the attack it still knocked her out.
Gaia: Huracán how are you?
Huracán: I'm hurt but I can still walk. I don't think I have much magic power left.
Izusa: Okay come on guys the portal is....
Coming up from the ground the serpent's horn pierced through Izusa shoulder.
Gaia: Izusa Noo!!!!
Huracán: Damnit you monster.
Uktena: Now let's eat.
Throw Izusa into the air the serpent jumped up to eat the child. Jumping into the air Gaia kicks the serpent's head and caught Izusa out of the air.
Gaia: Izusa! Izusa please wake up.
Izusa: Gaia... I'm sorry.
Gaia(crying): It's okay (activing full wild embrace) we'll get home.
Uktena: That hit actually hurt. The girl with the fox eyes. Your soul will be a wonderful meal for me.
Nahele uses a spell called mud wall. Creating 4 giant earth walls to trap the serpent inside of it.
Uktena breaking out of the trap: That's not enough to hold me.
Huracán: Gaia how many arrows do you have left?
Gaia: I only have one.
Huracán: Then take Inola and Izusa and run back to the tribe. Me and Nahele will hold him off.
Gaia: No I can't leave you guys here.
Nahele: Go Gaia!