Chapter 13

Yibo woke up to an empty bed. He thought Zhan might be in bathroom or down. So he went towards the bathroom but found it empty. He then went downstairs and there too he didn't saw his husband. He panicked immediately and thought Zhan too had left him. He ran towards the other rooms but no one was there. He returned to his room and the dam of emotions broke free and overwhelmed him. He sank on the bed floor and started crying bitterly.
"Why would Zhan ge leave me without saying goodbye." He cried.
"You threw a tantrum yesterday night. Who is to blame then?" His subconscious mind mocked him. He started crying more bitterly. He crawled towards the nightstand and took his phone. Sniffling and sobbing he dialled Zhans number but his husband didn't pick it up. He took the phone and went downstairs. He ran to the head staff crying. The lady looked at him all worried.
"Zh..zhan Zhan ge where??" He asked wiping his tears harshly. But the tears kept running.
"I am sorry young master but I don't know." She said. Yibo cried even more. He sat looking at the door crying and mumbling sorry.

Zhan opened the door to the most heart throbbing sight. Yibo was sitting on the floor hugging his knees. His big doe eyes were bloodshot red, his face pale with his cute nose turned red. He was crying bitterly. His cries were like stabs to Zhans heart.
"Yibo" he called. The younger boy looked at him with tear filled eyes. Yibo got up quickly almost tripping and falling. But he didn't care. He ran towards Zhan and jumped on him as if his life depended on Zhan. On an instinct Zhan caught him. Yibo was crying painfully.
"I..I am sorry gege. I am sorry. Yibo will never disobey gege. Please don't leave Yibo again. Gege please please don't leave Yibo again. Yibo promise to behave. I am sorry gege. Please don't be angry. Gege Yibo is sorry." Yibo mumbled nonstop as more tears flowed through his eyes. Zhan patted his back.
"Shh hush Yibo. It's alright. You did nothing wrong. Gege is not angry. Calm down and I will never leave you. Stop crying now please." Zhan said softly. It was the first time he ever spoke in this tone but that doesn't matter now. Yibo looked at him hiccuping.
"Gege won't leave Yibo." He asked crying.
Zhan shook his head.
"Gege will never leave Yibo. Promise." He said looking straight into yibo's eyes. Yibo hugged him and place his head on Zhans shoulder and continued his silent sobbing and whimpering. Zhan pat his head and started walking inside. Slowly the whimpering sounds turned into hiccups and then it stopped. Yibo fell asleep in that position. He had held Zhan tightly so the older guy just carried him like that to there room. He placed Yibo on the bed and tucked him.
"I am sorry baby. I didn't knew you would be this sad." Zhan mumbled and kissed yibo's forehead. He wiped away the tear stains. I should have talked to him before going. How can I be so dumb. Yibo had already lost his parents. First his mother when he was a child and then his father just six months ago. I should have been careful. Ofcourse he would have the fear of being left alone. Zhan thought to himself. Then he went down to bring some water. The head staff was standing there.
" Master Xiao,young master didn't had any food today. He was crying from the movement I arrived here sitting on the ground. He didn't even move an inch from that place." She reported. Zhan nodded.
"Thankyou." He said and took the water and left.
Entering the room he took a shower and dressed in his night dress. Then he got into the covers beside Yibo and pulled him towards his chest. Yibo instantly hugged him.
"Please don't leave me gege" he mumbled in his sleep as a tear dropped from his eyes. Zhan wiped it and kissed his hair.
"Never baby." He promised the sleeping Yibo.

Zhan woke up at the middle of the night due to a low whimpering sound

Zhan woke up at the middle of the night due to a low whimpering sound. He looked at Yibo who was having a nightmare. He was crying and sweating.
"Please..please don't leave me. Bobo is scared. Please. Don't go." He cried. Zhans heart clenched when he heard the soft pleading. He pulled Yibo to his chest hugging him tightly and calling his name softly till Yibo calmed down and went back to sleep. That night they both slept like that holding each other tightly.
Next day Zhan woke up early as usual but didn't leave the bed. He lied there caressing yibo's soft hair. Yibo slowly woke up and rubbed his eyes with a cute pout. He quickly looked beside him and saw Zhan looking at him Yibo laid back with his head on Zhans chest. He didn't say anything just held Zhan tightly as if scared to leave.
"You don't need to be scared baby. I will never leave you. Yesterday too I didn't leave you. I had to attend an important meeting and you were asleep. So I didn't woke you up." Zhan explained slowly as if talking to a child. Never to even to a child had Zhan talked in this tone. His voice was always cold and contained command in it. But then here he was. It had only been two days since there marriage and Zhan had changed so much.
"Promise??" Yibo said in a low voice. Zhan hummed.
"Promise." He saw the light in yibo's eyes return back. It was missing when he came back yesterday.
"Now let's get up. You haven't ate anything yesterday." Zhan said softly.
Yibo shook his head then propped his chin over Zhans chest and looked at him and smiled sweetly.
"Don't want."he said childishly. Finally Yibo is back. Zhan thought.
"Wake up. We can go out after eating breakfast. I will show you something."
Yibo quickly got up at that and gave Zhans cheek an innocent kiss before running to the bathroom. Zhan laid there in daze. After a while he too got up and went to another room and got ready. They both came down and had there breakfast together. Zhan gave Yibo the chocolate he had brought yesterday.
After that they both went to the beach again. Zhan accompanied Yibo as the younger played in the sea water. Then they both sat under the big umbrella and Yibo started making sand castle. He wanted to try everything he read in the book and saw in video. After playing for hours, Zhan took him to have barbecue. He made it himself for Yibo. Yibo had tried many types of food in his life but this was something new for him. He was so happy that he completely forgot about yesterday's incident. He was taking photos of Zhan, the beach, the crab anything and everything he saw. And Zhan didn't stop him from doing so. He would just occasionally warn him not to go too deep alone. After resting for a while, Yibo saw a surfing board and wanted to learn it so Zhan taught him as he already knew how to ride it. He was amazed to see Yibo learn it so quick. Yibo was indeed a fast learner. They both spent rest of the time riding Jetski. Yibo was very happy. The complete day he spent it with Zhan beside him. Zhan even let him rest his head on Zhans shoulder. Zhan even played along with him.
Yibo wasn't the only one who was happy, Zhan was also spending the best day of his life so far. Till now he never did anything much to enjoy himself. In truth he never took holiday. Even when he went with his family at vacation he would be busy. He somewhat didn't felt comfortable but today with Yibo it was different. The only thing he saw in Yibo was pure happiness even in the smallest thing the younger would get happy. Yibo had made him play with him today and Zhan got another realisation that he can hardly refuse his wifey's puppy eyes.