Chapter 51

Happy Birthday Xiao Zhan

Yibo was helping his mother-in-law law to set the long breakfast table

Yibo was helping his mother-in-law law to set the long breakfast table. He had never seen such big table. It was set in the shed garden as it was snowing outside. The whole place was covered in snow and Yibo very much wanted to play in it. But his husband stopped him saying that they would all play later.

Yibo sighed looking at the snow.
"You can play later son." He heard his father-in-law. He turned around and smiled brightly.
"Good morning dada." He wished. The older chuckled and wished him back. Everyone was helping eachother. Suddenly the bell rang. The maid opened the door and two men and two women came in. Tae and Jimin smiled brightly.
"Eomma, Appa." They called and ran towards there parents. Mr and Mrs Kim and Park smiled sweetly hugging there babies. They had missed them so much.

Yibo smiled looking at them but flinched when he felt two hands on his shoulders. He turned around to see his in laws looking at him with eyes full of love and adoration. He smiled and hugged them. Mr and Mrs Xiao smiled hugging him back. The guests looked at them and smiled widely. Soon tae and Jimin also introduced his parents to Yibo.

"Hello uncle, hello aunty." Yibo bowed. Mrs Kim smiled and ruffled his hair.
"Such a sweet kid. You really found a gem for Xiao Zhan, Mrs Xiao." She said and giggled as she watched Yibo blush.
"Ofcourse I found the finest gem for our a-zhan." Mrs Xiao boasted proudly making Yibo blush more.

Watching him blush the group started praising him more and more enjoying his flushed fame.
"He is soo pretty Yu. Can I take him with me." Mrs Park giggled pinching yibo's chubby cheeks which were red due to all the teasing. Yibo felt too shy and was huddled near his in-laws.
"But that doesn't change the fact that he is a boy" Mrs Yu who just came in mocked. The three ladies rolled there eyes cursing under there breath.

"Welcome Mrs Yu. This is Yibo." Mrs Xiao introduced with a fake smile, Yibo too bowed respectfully. Mrs Yu just nodded. She was about to say something but many more familes arrived. So she quickly went towards her friends to gossip.

Mr and Mrs Xiao introduced Yibo to everyone with heart filled with pride, love and care. And it was clearly visible in the elder couples eyes. Many too found Yibo sweet and fell for his innocence, cuteness and beauty.

They all sat for breakfast as the younger generation sat with there in laws or parents. Many boys and girls of Yibo's age had also arrived. Some with there parents while some with there in laws. The mother in law's were gossiping about there son/daughter in laws while the other vise versa. Everyone was talking to each other while enjoying the breakfast. But what amused most of them was the way the Xiaos treated Yibo.

Some felt jealous of how deep the relationship between them was while some felt happy for them. The ones who had some crush on Zhan and wanted to join Xiao family felt burnt.
A lady whose daughter was rejected chuckled mockingly and started passing some nasty comments. Yibo frowned. He didn't liked the way she spoke of his family. It didn't matter much to him about she said about him.