Chapter 16

Zhans car stopped in front of Xiao mansion. The Xiao family frowned as the couple was supposed to arrive tomorrow. Zhan got out of the car and went to the other side. Opening the door he picked Yibo in bridal style. His family brightened at the sight but frowned again at the cold face of Zhan. Yibo stayed in his husband's arms, his hand curled up hugging a small puppy plushie he brought for Cheng. His husband walked to the house with steady steps. Yibo smiled brightly as he saw his in law's who smiled back at him. Yibo on an instant wiggled in his husband's arms who glared at him and Yibo immediately become stiff like a wood. Mrs Xiaos eyes narrowed at Yibo's bandaged leg and worry crowded her face,
"Zhan is everything alright? You are early. And what happened to yibo's leg? " She asked worried.
"You should ask your son in law. What he did." Zhan replied stoically. They all looked at Yibo who was hiding his face with the plushie. Zhan dumped his husband on the couch in the living room and everyone surrounded Yibo for an answer.
"Don't you think you should answer why we are early Yibo?" Zhan glared at him. Usually when he glares everyone gets scared or intimidated but by now he had understood his husband was never in that group. Yibo smiled bashfully at him.
"Yibo what happened to your leg?" Yanli asked as she gave him a cup of milk. Yibo took it happily and smiled at her when he saw his lion cup. Zhan rolled his eyes while others chuckled at him.
"Don't worry jiejie. I just fell from dancing machine and sprained my legs. But doctor auntie said I will alright. Right Zhan ge?" He asked looking at his husband.
"Is that why you both came early?" Cheng asked. Zhan shook his head still trying to intimidate his husband via glares but all his attempts failed when
"I didn't do anything wrong." Yibo said giggling and hid his face with the plushie smiling sheepishly.
"You spray painted an old man." Zhan said and everyone looked at Yibo who looked at Zhan like a naughty child in front of mother who is scolding him.
"But..but he deserved it." Yibo protested shaking his head vigorously.
"You could have just informed me. I would have done something." Zhan retorted.
"That uncle was running and Zhan ge was carrying me so how can he punish that uncle." Yibo pouted.
Zhan was ready to scold him again but Mr Xiao came in between them.
"What did that old man do son?" He asked softly.
"Dad let me tell you what had happened. I am sure you will agree with me and scold Zhan ge for scolding me." Yibo said cutely. Mr Xiao gulped and looked at his son who had a smug smirk. He clearly doubted if he could ever scold Zhan even he feared this son of his somewhere. Still he agreed with his son in law.
Yibo made grabby hands towards Zhan who raised his brow.
"Bag"
Zhan went back to his car and took out a lion bag pack and gave it to yibo. His husband was really obsessed with lions.
Yibo showed everyone his new bag pack.
"Zhan ge bought this for me as my bag was small." He said. The elders nodded smiling and looked at Zhan who looked away. Yibo dropped everything on the couch and then asked others to sit. Everyone agreed as they knew this will take some time. Yibo picked up a black paint spray bottle and gave it to Mr Xiao.
"Dad. Zhan ge and I were coming back from the doctor auntie and Zhan ge was carrying me on his back. We were walking to the river for a boat ride when I saw a bad bald uncle touching a jiejie badly. He was beside me so Zhan ge didn't saw him. That jiejie tried to stop him but he didn't so I " he gave a mischievous smile " took out my spray paint and wrote on his back without anyone noticing me. I thought he will not so anything more but then he touched that jiejies bumbum and she looked so scared. I was about to call Zhan ge so he could beat the old uncle but that uncle saw me and started running so I sprayed my paint on his face as much as I could." He explained his hands playing with his milk cup. The family burst into laughter.
"I didn't even knew what you did until the security came to scold us." Zhan said with disbelief. Yibo squirmed like a child.
"Zhan ge but don't you think I saved that uncle because if I had told you then you would have beaten that uncle too and he was so old that he would have died from your first punch. Don't you think so?" Yibo said as if that was a great idea.
Zhan just shook his head and left but Yibo caught his hand.
"Zhan ge my Bunny??" He asked.
"Lam will bring " Zhan replied and walked to his room. The family had seen the changes in Zhan. The heir never had this much patience with any one and also Zhan never liked childish things yet he brought everything for Yibo.
Yibo then started telling his in law's how strong Zhan was and how he fight with that bad uncle's. Then how they played game and Zhan won a bunny for him. The younger was so happy so was the family. It was the first time the mansion was filled with with cute giggles, laughs and happy stories.
 "Brother are you leaving for office" Zuocheng asked as he saw Zhan in suite and Robert behind him carrying a suitcase.
Zhan nodded.
"I will be back in a week." He said and everyone nodded not noticing the sudden change in the youngest member. Yibo was looking from Zhan to suitcase repeatedly.
Zhan heard a small whimper. He looked down only to see his husband looking at him will big red tear filled eyes and red cheeks, his hand clutching Zhans sleeves. He looked adorable somehow.
"Yibo??" He called. The younger flinched making everyone frown.
"You..you promised not to leave me alone." Yibo said in low cracking voice as tears started flowing through his eyes.
"You are not alone. Everyone is here." Zhan said calmly. Yibo shook his head.
"No no no you promised. You promise me. You can't do this again." He said pulling Zhans sleeves.
"Yibo it's just a buisness trip. I will be back soon and here you can play-" Yibo cut him as he yanked Zhans hand with force.
"You promised. Dada too said the same but never came back. Everyone leaves Bobo alone." He cried bitterly. The family felt tears well up. Zhan knew Yibo was scared.
"Yibo listen to me." He said calmly but Yibo stood up and pushed him away.
"LIAR" he shouted at Zhan and ran towards his room. Everyone was worried now especially as they knew Zhans temper. Zhan stumbled a little by yibo's push but steadied himself quickly. He rubbed his temple with his fingers and sighed.
"I will check Yibo." Yanli said. Zhan shook his head.
"Stay here. I will go." He said and walked back to his room. Mrs Xiao had tears in her eyes as she remembered Yibo's words ' Dada too said the same but never came back. Everyone leaves Bobo alone. '
They could feel the pain in his words. Qiren had told them that Yibo had the tendency to be scared of being left alone especially by someone he loves and cares. She smiled. Her son was able to get so close to Yibo just in few days. She just hoped everything would be alright.

 She just hoped everything would be alright