Chapter 48 - ????

Walking inside, I found that the palace was one of the most beautiful in the world. There were many paintings on the walls by unknown artists that featured fierce animals in profile, and these paintings were unique because they nearly looked 3D as if you could just reach out and touch the animal. I spent a good half minute just trying to feel all the wild cats. I love wild cats; they're so beautiful; my favorite would have to be jaguars. Did you know their bites are so powerful they can bite through turtle shells? I know a ton of useless facts that will never get me anywhere in life.

Besides the paintings, the place also had a luster that made you feel at home. I would have no doubt stayed there for longer if I didn't have to meet the so-called "great leader." Who calls their leader by the title of great leader? That's probably the most cliché thing I've ever heard. Whoever asked for that title had an ego the size of the sun. I may be a narcissist, but I'd never ask for such a ridiculous title. I'd pick something snazzy like "The King," ya know? I'd be like Elvis. I'd even replace The Star-Spangled Banner with Jailhouse Rock and wear those crazy pompadours he had. I'm mad; I mean it.

It took me forever, but I finally found the main room in the end. The place had about seventy rooms, and you could barely find your way around without getting lost. The place also had several kitchens; whoever lived here clearly had serious dieting issues.

I walked up the red-carpeted stairs in the main room for what felt like hours until I finally saw who the leader was. Words will never describe my shock at that moment.

It was Maynard.