Chapter 89 - ????

Tobias' office was gorgeous. He had a colossal piano made of polished wood right in the center. On the walls were photographs of him with his family. It was horrible to imagine how anyone could have married that monster. But then again, people have literally married serial killers before, sooo...

"Do you play?" I asked out of curiosity.

"I play lots, yes. I even have original pieces," he replied with a small smile.

"Could I hear you play an original piece real quick?"

"Of course," he unexpectedly replied as he sat down to play. He played a melodic tune that made me imagine flying in the sky and looking down on everyone and everything. He played for about four minutes before finishing. His playing was so beautiful; I could almost visualize the colorful notes flying through the air as if I had synesthesia.

"How beautiful," I said in awe. For a moment, I forgot just what kind of person he was; it's scary how happiness can trick you sometimes...

"Thank you, Clive," he replied, bowing.

Quit messing around, Clive...

"Let's get straight to the point; I am not a spy," I said, deciding not to waste any more time.

"If you are not a spy, then why do you not have any records of you existing, my son?" he asked, leaning on the piano.

"Stop calling me that! I'm not your son! If I was, I'd kill myself. I have a reason for it, but you will never believe me; I swear on it."

"I'm all ears," he said, standing up.

"The truth is I am a time traveler. I didn't mean to travel here; it happened by complete accident," I replied with a sigh. It's not like I had a solid lie to tell him, anyway.

"If you are a time traveler, then prove it by traveling back in time and here again. If you do this, I will drop all charges of espionage. That's simple, right?"

"There's just one problem; I can't do it right now. The last time I tried, I had a nosebleed; you saw it happen," I replied, about to have a panic attack. This was the absolute worst time for time travel not to work.

After that, he became quiet as a mouse, and I could tell he was in deep thought. I was terrified out of my mind of what he'd do next.

"Clive, this does not do you any favors. I am afraid that I will have to send you to Romana on charges of espionage. I cannot have you violating national security," he said calmly.

"Now, you listen to me, old man! One day, karma's going to bite you where it hurts. Your walls of Jericho will fall, and I will be there when they do!" I growled.

"Filius, come get this citizen out of my sight!" he called out as a boy of around eighteen ran out of the room next to his office.

"Yes, Father," he said as he roughly grabbed me by the hand and led me further and further down into hell. I saw Maynard give me a wink and a sarcastic salute. I nearly tried to break free and attack him, but I held back.

Eventually, Filius stopped at one of the kitchens and said the last thing that I expected to hear in my life.

"I'm going to help you."