Chapter 113 - May 19th, 2020 - 6:00 P.M.

"You sure slept a while," Stella commented while eating Campbell's tomato soup; that was when I realized the hospital stopped caring entirely about serving decent meals. Campbell's is garbage, in all honesty. The only thing related to it that I like is the Warhol piece. I'd love to have met the guy; he seemed like a fascinating fellow.

"Yeah, well... that happens when you're depressed," I replied with a tiny smile.

"Any dreams?" Devon asked curiously.

"Yeah, but I don't remember any of them anymore," I lied. I remembered them just fine; I just didn't feel like taking the time to explain my traumatic past.

"I always forget mine," Angella said with a frown.

"Yeah, same," Thomas replied. He was wearing a shirt that read, "Have you heard of the high elves?" Although I'm not entirely sure, I believe that was a reference to the game Oblivion.

"I once had a dream that I got married," I said without realizing.

"Awwww! Tell me more!" Stella practically begged.

"Well, okay... My wife and I danced to the song Dear God by Avenged Sevenfold, and when she said the words "I do," I burst into tears. I remember my family being there, and for once, they didn't argue about every little thing. I was so happy when I experienced it, then I woke up."

"One day, it'll happen for real," Thomas said supportively.

"I worry about dying alone and being forgotten sometimes," I replied, shaking my head.

"Ha, I'll probably die alone," Angela said, snorting.

"You won't," Devon said supportively.

"How do you know?" she asked in disbelief.

"Because I like you," he said out of nowhere.

The entire table went deathly silent; it was so quiet I could hear my heart pounding.

"Well, guess what?" she asked, blushing salmon pink.

"Hmm?" he asked anxiously.

"I do too."