Chapter 94 - ????

As we rode towards the Byzantine wall, we saw that about a hundred guards guarded the border. I had no idea how we were supposed to cross the barrier at that moment. Then the car stopped...

Boy, let me tell you that one of the worst things that can happen is having your car stop right next to danger; it was almost as if the universe was laughing at us at that moment.

A guard started walking up to our car at that moment with the sickest smile on his face. When he was about ten feet away, the vehicle suddenly shook and unleashed a torrent of plasma bullets in his direction, instantly vaporizing him as if he had never existed, to begin with. I don't believe he was in too much pain, but I wouldn't exactly want to find out.

Did I really just see that?!

That was when the rest of the guards started firing at us, and I closed my eyes, thinking that these were going to be my final moments. Instead of the plasma bullets melting the car or at the very least damaging it, they bounced off like a rubber ball and hit all the guards one by one, vaporizing every single one into nothing. I could just imagine that Android laughing from beyond the grave at that moment.

"I just remembered, my son!" Audrey said in horror.

"Oh shoot, we have to go back!" I yelled back.

We got back in the car, and Audrey told it to go to 1776 Conrad Avenue. The vehicle sped off as fast as it could, and I finally noticed at that moment that it didn't require a driver; it guided itself. As I sat in the back of the car, I couldn't help but think about how my adventures with time travel led to this moment; I was indirectly responsible for all of this. As stupid as this was a moment for it, I asked the car to play the song Recess by Skrillex. The audio was so crisp I actually felt like I was at his concert; it was in surround sound, and the entire experience was insane. Audrey and Carl looked at me with confused expressions, likely because they didn't know the song.

Once we finally arrived at the house, Audrey ran in and looked for her kid. She was gone for an unusually long time, and that was when I heard a bloodcurdling scream from inside the house. The cry made all the hairs on my body stand up, and I felt my fight-or-flight instincts kick in.

We both ran inside, and that was when Audrey read us what the note said.

I have your son. If you want him back, meet me at 1827 Samson Street - Maynard