Chapter 101 - May 16th, 2020 - 6:31 P.M.

I had the worst déjà vu as I returned to the day ball lightning struck me. It felt so surreal reliving the day I almost died. I honestly thought I was stuck in some sort of bizarre dream from how strange the entire situation was; it gave me the absolute worst derealization.

"You okay there, Clive?" my friend Alex asked.

"Yeah, just in deep thought right now. How are you doing?" I replied, nearly stuttering. Talking became so difficult all of a sudden, it was as if the muscles in my mouth were paralyzed. My words sounded horribly hoarse and thin as if I had lost my voice.

"I'm okay, but you're not looking too good. You're looking pretty pale. You also sound strange," he replied concernedly.

"I'm fine, honestly," I replied quickly. I didn't want him to worry about me so much; I hate it when I worry people. The problem is I do it constantly.

Then I saw it, I saw a flash of purple light, and I knew right away that I had to escape it and make sure that Alex didn't get hit by it. I couldn't let him go through the same suffering that I had experienced; I wouldn't even wish that upon Maynard or Tobias.

I tackled him down to the ground with all of my strength, and his expression turned into one of pure shock. He clearly didn't realize what was about to happen.

"Hey man, what the fuck is wrong with you?!" he asked angrily.

"Shhh!" I hissed as the ball lightning whizzed by our heads. It was so close to us that it practically touched the top of our heads. I dared not move because I knew that the slightest movement would cause this nightmare to happen all over again.

Then it passed by, and I realized that I was finally free from time-traveling. I tried my absolute best to time travel back to Arcadia to test out whether or not I still had my powers. I had none. I was finally free from my curse.

I was happy for about five seconds before I felt a massive pain in my heart. I felt my legs give in, and I could only scream, "Oh, crap!" as I fell down on the grass. Alex rushed over to me and kept asking me if I was okay.

"A-A-Alex, w-w-what happened-n-n-ed?" I asked as I was lying there on the ground. My legs and arms felt stiff, and I was so confused I couldn't recognize Alex. I asked him who he was, and he looked at me like I was insane. He called 911, and I was entirely confused as to why he was calling an ambulance.

Then, I went into cardiac arrest. It happened so quickly that I didn't even have time to process it; it hit me like a brick.

Believe it or not, things got even crazier after that.