Chapter 99 - January 1st, 2015 - 8:05 A.M.

How is one supposed to feel when they are forced to let their father die? I should have felt agony, but I just felt numb. I had gone through some of the worst experiences humanly possible and didn't care what would happen to me next. It's the worst feeling when you stop caring.

I sat in the kitchen and debated with myself for the longest time about whether or not I should save my father. It was more than a little tempting just to let the timelines get screwed up again and ignore all the consequences. That's how I was going through most of the journey, anyway. This entire story happened because I did what suited my interests above everyone else's.

Finally, I threw away the Intertiza in the garbage and covered it all up with mounds of paper towels. I wanted more than anything for my father not to discover it and be saved as horrible as that sounds. If I saved him, CONIUM would exist, a company directly responsible for countless deaths.

As I time-traveled out of 2015, I closed my eyes to escape the horrible images I saw, only for them to follow me with my eyes closed. I saw myself at my father's funeral again, putting the amaryllis on his grave and everyone crying. No matter how hard I tried, I simply couldn't escape that memory. I saw my uncle pat my back and heard him say, "Sometimes these things happen, and we have no control over them." I hugged him for a couple of seconds before he disappeared into thin air.

Then, I finally made it out and went back to 2220.