Chapter 75 - May 25th, 2020 - 9:37 A.M.

Inside the Goodwill was an entire treasure trove. The number of things they had there nearly sent my head spinning until I remembered that I was there for speakers and nothing more. I'm impulsive as hell when shopping and find it difficult to stop myself from buying every goddamn thing in the store.

We went to the electronics section and looked over the speakers. While they all looked appealing, one of them struck my attention because it had a subwoofer. It was the Logitech Z323 model, to be specific. I pulled on my dad's coat like a tyke and practically begged him to buy it.

"Are you sure this is the one? I don't want you complaining to me later."

"Since when do I complain?" I stupidly asked.

My dad burst out laughing, and I felt my face turn salmon pink from embarrassment. Everyone was looking at us like we were two idiots.

"You constantly complain about the littlest things. You're a real whiner sometimes. If I earned a dollar every time you had a problem with someone or something, I'd be wealthier than Elon Musk, " he said with a chuckle.

"I just complain because I want the world to change," I said, shaking my head.

"What have you done to change it?"

"Nothing," I replied with a sheepish smile.

"That's your problem. Do things yourself sometimes. You can't always depend on people to do what's right," he said, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"I just feel so insignificant in this world sometimes," I said with a frown.

"I'm sure Gandhi felt insignificant too," he said supportively.

"I'm no Gandhi," I replied with a chuckle.

"No, but you can change the world."

Thank you for always having faith in me when I couldn't, Father.

That was when I remembered he asked me a question about the speaker. I had completely blanked out on our conversation.

"Anyways, yeah, this is the speaker I want to get."

"Okay, we'll get it," he said as he picked it up and went to the front. My excitement was massive; I was finally going to experience music in a novel way.

Cloud nine, here I come!