Chapter 49 - ????

"Surprise! You miss me?" he asked with a guffaw. I didn't get what was so amusing about all of this in the least.

"You're crazy; what you're doing here is no different than fascism! What do you want from me, you psychopath?!" I asked, practically growling at him.

"Those are big words for a stupid kid... Oh, just a little something special," he said, pulling out a revolver, putting it on my forehead, and pretending to pull the trigger. I nearly wet myself in those few seconds; nothing is scarier than knowing that you might actually die.

He then laughed like a maniac at my terrified expression. I swear, he was the very definition of neutral evil.

"Give me one reason I shouldn't blast you to pieces right now?" he asked with a bored-looking expression on his face.

"You'll have to live with the burden of killing a time traveler; you wouldn't want that now, would you?" I asked, finally being honest with him; my lies never worked anyway.

"It wouldn't affect me; you're an unmod anyway," he replied with a sinister smirk.

"Why do you hate unmods so much?" I asked curiously.

"Because they're weak and useless, I am giving these people a blessing, and they throw away the chance to be a better person. It's survival of the fittest out there, and we mods are the fittest. We are the apex predator."

"Whatever you say, buddy..." I replied, shaking my head and trying my best not to have a panic attack.

Maynard shut up for about eight seconds and went into deep thought before turning to me with the most malicious grin I've ever seen.

"Tomorrow morning, you're going to give a confession speech to all of Arcadia about how you're a time traveler. It's a little dangerous what you do, kid; people need to be aware," he replied, spinning the revolver around like a toy. I'm surprised it didn't go off during that. I prayed at that moment that he would have shot himself by accident.

"I am not doing that!" I replied, tempted to strangle him at that moment.

"I don't recall asking," he replied, bursting out laughing. I swear that guy was insane in the head. He reminded me a lot of Tyrian from RWBY, except Tyrian was somehow saner.

I didn't even bother replying to him; that's how angry I was with myself. I just stood there and thought over how messing with time created a reality where Maynard was a ruler. I felt so much anxiety at that moment that I honestly felt like I'd throw up.

Then, right as he asked me if I was ever going to reply, I blacked out again.

When I awoke, I was in the psychiatric hospital again, lying on my bed with no memory of how I got there.

I have a bad feeling about this...