𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲

"FREAKY PHOEBE!"

As Phoebe Thatcher pushed herself against the cold metal lockers, she kept her subtly bored eyes trained to the floor as others besides her shared the same maneuver

As Phoebe Thatcher pushed herself against the cold metal lockers, she kept her subtly bored eyes trained to the floor as others besides her shared the same maneuver. Of course, some more respectfully than her, but all for the same reason. It was practically a ritual at this point, almost as ordinary as walking as Quinn Fabray and her minions walked with their hands on their hips literally parting the boisterous hallway like the Red Sea. 

 Phoebe didn't think much about it. Although usually, she would actually keep her head up. But this time was different because holding hands with the cheer captain was Finn Hudson. And with Finn Hudson, is always Noah Puckerman who was gripping an ice-cold slushie, with that same taunting smirk on his face.

There were three types of people at this high school. The first being the ones that despise the popular clique. Second, the ones who aspired to be them. Lastly, the third group is one of them. Phoebe would have fallen somewhere in between the first and second group not particularly liking any of them. 

 Although, she did hold some sort of respect for their status, in all Phoebe really could give a flying wet monkey's butt about popularity because God knows at the end of the day, people like her will have better things to do than them. Besides, considering that she didn't quite know any of them, and truly had no intention for their relationship to be any other way, she felt it useless to care about them at all.

Now, that being said, although Phoebe didn't care about what anyone thought, she didn't particularly like the idea of getting slushied in front of basically the entire student body. It happened multiple times before, and not only is the embarrassment humiliating, but the sting and aftermath of stained clothes are truly unbearable. She didn't get slushied every day, like Rachel Berry or Kurt Hummel. However, she did not sport a Cheerios uniform making her vulnerable to the occasional attack. 

 Her heart truly did go out to students like Rachel and Hummel though, they seemed nice enough. Although, Phoebe did have the rising suspicion that the Berry girl was dropped on the head at a very young age. Besides that, she did think that they were good people and has helped them wash off their stained hair and clothing multiple times. 

 Phoebe wasn't one to get close to people, especially trying to limit herself to the number of slushy encounters she could. Hence, she would try to avoid the regular slushie victims in the most subtle way. Of course, that was only for the sake of her otherwise impeccably clean dresses.

Phoebe was known to wear sweet and simple dresses. Mostly light colors, and probably some sort of polka dots. Her mother called her mini Jess Day, which she never disagreed with, considering after watching the first episode of New Girl did she spend all her money on online vintage dress shops. Nothing much about her really stood out. She was practically the poster boy for every goody-two-shoes teenage girl in America. She got good grades, played volleyball, and had a good family life besides only having a mother. 

Although she wasn't as big of a loser as Kurt or Rachel, she was by no means popular. The poor girl probably got slushied once a week, and was always sure to have a another dress in her locker. 

 In fact, if people where to list the most slushied and bullied kids in the school, she would probably be around a seven or eight. But Phoebe always tried to look on the bright side, and counted her lucky stars that at least she was above Mercedes Jones.

Phoebe didn't have much time to dwell on her thoughts however, because today was her lucky day. Everyone's eyes were trained to floor or the slushie, and held a similar slouched stance. Phoebe was no exception. In some way, she felt safe blended into the rest of the student body, and waited for the horror of the next slushied victim to be finished before she or another so called "loser" would drag them into the bathroom to clean them off. 

 It was only when a pair of shoes and four behind him stopped in front of her slouched figure did it really dawn on her what was about to go down. After realizing her company, she quickly looked by to meet the face of a mohawk smirking teen, and in a matter of seconds her fate was sealed when a slushie was thrown to her face. 

 She was lucky that this time that it was grape instead of blueberry since the blue ones would always make her look like a Smurf for the rest of the miserable week. Almost immediately did the Latino cheerio start to point her finger at her, and then in slow motion did the entire hallway light up with laughter both out of fear if they didn't, or delight that they weren't the victim. Perhaps a bit of both.

As humiliating as that was, Phoebe could barley concentrate with the grape slushie burning her eyes. She was quickly whisked away to the bathroom by a plaid wearing girl, who she could only guess by her recognizable style was Rachel Berry. Despite her quirks, Phoebe was truly grateful for the unsaid alliance between the slushed at that moment. Back to the type of people at high school, Phoebe felt herself falling slightly towards the first group a bit more. 

 She felt the slushie drip down her stomach, and heard Noah Puckerman and Quinn Fabray call her her signature nickname Freaky Phoebe. She doesn't quite remember where they that genius joke originated, but god, did it get on her nerves. On the bright side, at least she wasn't called Rupaul. 

Yup, she was definitely leaning towards disliking these people a lot more.