4. 𝙙𝙪𝙚𝙩𝙨

"Lor manari."

As the bell rang, Mr

As the bell rang, Mr. Shue entered the boisterous choir room, "All right, let's, uh, let's gather around. Sorry I'm late, guys. I was with Principal Figgins. Bad news, guys. Puckermans in juvie."

"It really was just a matter of time," Tina stated as the glee club laughed at the situation.

"What did he do?"

"He drove his mom's Volvo through the front of a convenience store and drove off with the ATM." Mr. Shue sighed, earning even more snickers.

Phoebe was the only one who actually seemed concerned asking worriedly, "And when is he getting out?"

"Unknown."

"He might be the dumbest person on this planet, and that's coming from me." Brittany stated earning even more giggles.

"Guys! Let's have some sympathy." Mr. Shue reasoned as Phoebe nodded heavily in agreement.

"For a guy who put his needs before the team's? We need his voice and his bad-boy stage presence."

"We can't look at this as, as a crisis. It's an opportunity." Mr. Shue said to the rest of the glee club who were doubtful.

"For what? Further embarrassment and humiliation?"

"For welcoming our new member... Sam Evans!" Mr. Shue announced as Sam walked into the choir room earning applause from everyone. Especially Phoebe who was glad to see him.

"Hey, everybody. I'm Sam. ... Sam, I am. ... And I don't like green eggs and ham." He introduced, earning a giggle from Phoebe, but apparently not anyone else.

"Oh, wow. He has no game."

"Okay! This is gonna be great." Finn said, ignoring Santana's comment going to pat the blonde boy on the back. "You're not going to regret joining. Sam, you sit right here." Finn said leading Sam to a seat next to him. But as Sam spotted Phoebe, he smiled, going over to sit next to her.

"Okay. Can anyone tell me what a duet is?" Mr. Shue asked, moving on with his agenda.

"A blanket"

Ignoring Brittany, the Spanish teacher carried on, "A duet is when two voices join to become one. Great duets are like a great marriage. The singers complement each other, push each other to be better. Now, some people may think..."

Phoebe, blanking out of what Mr. Shue was saying, leaned towards Sam, "I thought you were too cool for glee."

Smiling at the girl, the boy simply shrugged, "I had a change of heart."

The both then tuned back into Mr. Shue's talk, "And that is what duets are all about. So, this week I want you to pair up and sing a duet. And, since you guys all seemed to love our little "Defying Gravity" diva-off, I'm making this a competition. And the winner gets dinner for two at Breadsticks on me." Earning collective gasps from across the room, everyone beginning to chat away excitedly until the bell rang.