11. 𝙢𝙞𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙚𝙡

"Holy crap, are you pregnant?"

"Okay, favorite Michael Jackson memory

"Okay, favorite Michael Jackson memory."  Mercedes smirked.  Her along with a few other glee members were at the lima bean all buzzing about the long overdue Michael week.  

"When I was one, my mom showed me the VHS tape of his Motown special, and when he did the
moonwalk across the stage for the first time in history, I uttered my first words: Hot damn.  I owe the King of Pop a deep debt of gratitude."  Artie answered with of a proud nod of his head.

Kurt then rose his hand continuing, "He was the first one to pull off the sequined military jacket, long before one Kurt Hummel made it iconic."

Meekly, Rachel slumped in her chair admitting, "I have to be honest-- I never really got him."

Phoebe immediately face palmed.  She had remembered explicitly telling the girl to never reveal what she just did.  Because of course, the expected reaction to such a heinous comment was not pleasant.  "And we are no longer on speaking terms." Artie scoffed. 

Jaw dropped, Rachel quickly began to defend, "No, I think he's an amazing performer, but I've never really just got what he was about."

"Rachel, he was best friends with Liza Minnelli and Liz Taylor." Kurt argued, as Blaine nodded along with his boyfriend.  

"No, all I'm saying is that I-I just... I haven't connected with him the way that I have with the likes of Barbra. or either of the Stephens."  The teens however just giving her confused faces, Rachel quickly clearing up, "Sondheim. Schwartz."

"I'd throw this mocha in your face, but it's not nearly scalding enough."

Rachel seeing that she was losing just shrugged conceding, " Okay, but just, since you guys are so jazzed about him, I think it's a good idea."

Of course, agreement couldn't last too long in a club like the New Directions, because soon an unfamiliar voice entered the conversation, "Well, that might not be the best idea."  Turning to see who is was, Phoebe let out an internal groan.

Sebastian Smythe

While Phoebe just smiled weakly at him, Kurt rolled his eyes asking, "Does he live here or something?  Seriously, you are always here."

"Why don't you think that's a good idea?"  Phoebe asked confused.  

"Because we're doing MJ for Regionals." Sebastian answered that same damn smirk on his face.  Seeing the teen's confused looks, the boy's sinister smile only grew, "You see, Warblers drew first position, so as soon as I heard what your plan was, I changed our set list accordingly."

"I'm sorry, how... how did you hear?" Rachel asked cocking her head.  

"Uh, Blaine told me this morning." Sebastian answered smugly, "I just called for a tip on how to get red wine out of my blazer piping, and he would not stop going on about it."

With that all of the New Directions turned to glare at Blaine, the boy shrinking back in his chair , "I may have mentioned it." He mumbled.

Kurt, who was particularly annoyed began to pry. "How often do you talk?" He asked turning to a very uncomfortable Blaine.