8. 𝙢𝙖𝙨𝙝𝙪𝙥

"She's never gonna forgive me if she figures out about this. I can't do that to her."

Quinn was wiping Finn's slushied hair under the envious eyes of Rachel, who was sitting next to Phoebe

Quinn was wiping Finn's slushied hair under the envious eyes of Rachel, who was sitting next to Phoebe. "The Slushie war has commenced," Kurt said sadly.

"And if Finn and Quinn got nailed, none of us are safe." Mercedes jokingly added on, Phoebe nodding along, knowing it wasn't far from the truth.

Phoebe put a comforting hand on Rachel, who just leant her head against Phoebe's shoulder, still sadly looking at Quinn and Finn. As the room continued to talk about the surprising slushie victims, Mr. Shue walked in, unaware of the disheartened mood.

"Okay, guys. We're a little behind for sectionals, thanks to our Sue Sylvester detour." Mr. Shue began, the rest of the glee club frowning even more, "But you guys seem to really enjoy doing mash-ups, right?" He asked hopefully, discouraged by the members apathetic shrugs.

Will continued on after the awkward pause, "...And I'm gonna keep you guys fired up. Plus, there's an important lesson to be learned with mash-ups. Sometimes things are so different, they don't feel like they go together. But the big difference between them is what makes them great. Like... chocolate and bacon."

"Or Oreos and peanut butter" Phoebe added excitedly, earning weird looks across the room. "What?" She asked quietly, "They taste good."

"Or Glee Club and football." Finn listed, steering the conversation back on track.

"Exactly." Mr. Shue replied beginning to pass out papers, "But you've proven that it is a great combination. So here is my personal favorite song. And your homework for the week is to find an unexpected mash-up to go with it."

"Bust A Move", Kurt said unenthusiastically, Phoebe tilting her head in confusion, never have listened to the song once.

"Yeah, this song is old school." Santana added on, in the same bored tone as Kurt.

Will frowned at the two, before continuing on, "All right. Um, Artie? Artie , to follow along on the bass." The boy nodded his head, beginning to wheel towards the instruments.

"Finn," Mr. Shue proceeded, "take us through it."

"Uh, I'm sorry, Mr. Schuester. I got corn syrup in my eye." He replied, not really lying, but also not wanting to take the solo to the admittedly cheesy song.

Will frowned again, before moving on, "Okay. Uh, Puck. How about it?"

"I don't really groove on Young MC." Noah answered, Rachel scoffing in response, "I am shocked at the lack of leading-man ambition in this room right now."

Mr. Shue just sighed saying, "It's okay, Rachel. I guess I'm gonna have to show these guys how it's done." As the glee club began to whoop, Mr. Shue yelled, "Bust it!"