17. 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙣𝙚𝙜𝙡𝙚𝙘𝙩

"TWhy don't you go out there with your Michael Bublé and see what those hecklers have to say?"

"All right, we need $5,000 to pay for our trip to nationals in New York." Mr. Shue told the New Directions who looked at him confused.

"What happened to the money that we got from the Cheerios?" Phoebe asked confused.

Mr. Shue only sighed rubbing is face, "I guess Sue was hiding it in offshore accounts in the Cayman Islands... and we're having some trouble accessing some of it..." He trailed off before saying in a lowered register, "Any of it." The glee club just groaning in response as Mr. Shue went to pick a piece of candy from a basket on top of the piano continuing, "This is saltwater taffy."

"I love saltwater." Brittany cut in happily.

Mr. Shue only ignored the girl continuing, "When I was a student here, we paid for our
entire trip to nationals selling this classroom to classroom, door to door. We pushed this stuff like crack. And so will we." With that he grabbed a marker walking towards the whiteboard, "So to make $5,000 at 25 cents apiece... we need to sell 25,000 pieces of taffy."

Phoebe, immediately seeing the error corrected, "20,000." Mr. Shue looking at the board before nodding his head, "Right. 20,000, thanks Pheebs."

The girl just nodded her head in response smiling as Santana scoffed, "Wait. Do you honestly think that we can sell 20,000 anythings? We won regionals for the first time since dinosaurs roamed the planet and me and Pheebs still got a freakin' cherry ICEE facials."

While Phoebe just shook her head at the unfortunate memory, Quinn nodded her head pointing out, "Yeah, Santana's right. Nobody cares about us."

Mike, who had been watching irritated the entire time stood out of his seat beginning to walk away mumbling, "I can't listen to this."

Mr. Shue, trying to stop the boy from walking away asked, "Mike, are you okay?"

Mike just swiftly turned around stating outwardly, "No. You guys complain all the time about being mistreated but you have no idea what it's like to work your butt off for something... and have everyone, even your friends, ignore you."

Phoebe suddenly realizing what this was all about approached the front of the classroom, as did three other Brainiac members while Mike continued, "Me, Artie, Tina, Brittany and Phoebe are on the Brainiacs."

"Isn't that the Academic Decathlon team?" Mercedes asked confused, as Quinn asked, "We have one of those?"

"Yes, we do." Tina stated curtly while Artie continued, "And the five of us went on the Smarty Pants Show... and beat Carmel High to go to the Academic Decathlon finals in Detroit next week."

"You guys were on TV?" Sam asked, "Why didn't you tell us about it?"

"We did." The five teens answered annoyed, Phoebe slightly glaring at Noah who just shrunk back in his seat.

Mr. Shue, also confused asked, "Wait. I- I get the four of you being on the team-"

"Is it because two of them are Asian and two wear glasses?" Noah asked, getting another look from Phoebe, thinking that that small piece of info would stay between them.