12. 𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙨

"Who knew that Puckerman was such a klutz?" 

"Where's Rachel?"  Kurt asked, Phoebe following him with a stack of yearbooks in her hand

"Where's Rachel?" Kurt asked, Phoebe following him with a stack of yearbooks in her hand. Usually she wouldn't condone to sneaking behind her friends back, but this was different.  

"She's not here yet," Finn responded, unconsciously noticing it the second he walked in.

"Perfect." Kurt nodded, before continuing sternly, "Glee club stands on a delicate precipice. We have all felt the cold humiliation of a slushie in the face," Phoebe shuddering at the memory, "But as of right now, our relative anonymity as a club shields us from more severe persecution: swirlies, patriotic wedgies"

"What's a patriotic wedgie?" Mercedes asked, Phoebe tilting her head in confusion as well.

"It's when they hoist you up the flag pole by your undies." Finn sighed as Noah ducked his head guiltily as well.

Artie only shrugged replying half playfully, "Strangely, it did make me feel more American."

Kurt just continued on as if he was never interrupted, "Based on my investigation, I am of the opinion that a yearbook photo would only fuel the flames of anti-glee-club terror. I've done a little library research." Kurt stated, a bit proud at himself as Phoebe slammed five yearbooks on the table before opening one. " Peter Gellar, "Kurt stated, pointing to a boy on the page, "Glee club second tenor, 1998. He can be seen here with both a drawn on Hitler mustache and rice paddy hat. Shortly after the yearbook came out, Mr. Gellar had a nervous breakdown. He is now the homeless man who sleeps in front of the public library." Kurt finished, as the rest of the glee clubber's eyes widened.

"Patches?" Quinn asked, most likely the most worried about her reputation above everyone elses?

Kurt only nodded in response, "Patches."

"He barks at my mom." Brittany added on airily as Phoebe nodded her head, "He meows at mine!" The rest of the glee club slightly chuckling at the two blondes.

"Exhibit B:" Kurt continued, Phoebe opening up another yearbook, "Tawny Peterson, glee club class of 2000, seen here in her photo with a cartoon knife stuck in her head, in a macabre tableau that, in four years would prove eerily prescient." Phoebe shared a grimace with the rest of the glee club as Kurt concluded, "I think I speak for all of us when I say that not having to pose for a yearbook photo might be a blessing in disguise. I suggest not fighting Figgins' ruling."

That was when Mr. Shue walked in, absolutely unaware of the distressed teens "Oh, hey, guys. Ah, looking at old Thunderclaps?" Mr. Shue noticed as the glee club meekly nodded their head in response.

"It's really unsettling." Artie stated, winning a murmur of numerous agreements.

"And totally unfair." Mr. Shue pointed out, totally misreading Artie's comment. "Hey, can I borrow one of these?" Mr. Shue asked as Phoebe handed him the one with Patches in it, "You know what? This year's thunderclap is going to have a glee club photo with every one of your smiling faces. You have my word on it." Mr. Shue promised earning indifferent nods from the teens, Phoebe and Mercedes sharing nerved looks.

The rest of practice was quite uneventful, the glee club just pondering over numbers for their next competition. Time fled and soon the bell rang, the still worried glee club beginning to exit the choir room. As the other teens began to pack their bags and exit as quickly as they could, Noah waited behind for Phoebe to pack hers. It had become a habit for the two to wait behind for each other, although it was usually Noah waiting for Phoebe who always packed her bag quite slowly never really in a rush. Not that the boy minded, in fact, he liked waiting for her, it was like their thing, not that he would ever admit it out loud.