10. 𝙖 𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙜𝙡𝙚𝙚 𝙘𝙝𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙢𝙖𝙨

"MERRY CHRISTMAS"

"The Most Wonderful Day of the Year"- Andy Williams(Sung by the New Directions)

As the glee sang and dancing around the choir room, they decorated the tattered Christmas tree. Phoebe supposed that the moment was what people called bittersweet, all of the teens down at how the rest of the school was treating them. This Christmas was all about doing what you had, and what they had were an uneven Christmas tree, a dead old lady's ornaments, and some empty presents. But still, they had each other, and that's what made the moment sweet, or at least to Phoebe. As the glee club continued to decorate the Christmas tree, Mr. Shue walked through the door asking, "Hey, guys. What's this?"

"We're trying to get into the Christmas spirit, Mr. Schue." Finn replied, "Christmas is totally my favorite holiday. And check out this awesome tree. I found it on the side of the road. It must have fell off some guy's car."

"And the ornaments?" Mr. Shue asked still confused.

"The guy who lives next door finally killed off his elderly mother" Santana shrugged, "When they carted him off, they left the house wide open. I think she was a holiday hoarder."

The Spanish teacher, still skeptical continued on, "Uh- And the presents?" He asked pointing to the nicely wrapped gifts under the tree.

"I lifted them from a display at the mall." Noah answered as Phoebe raised her eyebrow, the boy quickly turning to his girlfriend clarifying, "But don't worry. They're empty."

Mr. Shue only sighed at the teens responding, "Guys, I appreciate the effort, but this isn't what Christmas is supposed to be like."

"For us it is." Mercedes defended, the rest of the New Directions nodding their heads, "This tree is like a mascot for Glee Club. We won sectionals two years in a row. . . and according to everyone at this school, we still suck."

Phoebe just shook her head remembering yesterday's incident where her, Mike, Mercedes, and Tina were all slushied, Mike simply sighing, "I'm pretty sure they just added food coloring to real slush from the parking lot."

"You can eat that, you know." Lauren insightfully added on, the rest of the teens looking at her weirdly.

"No." Mr. Shue defiantly stated shaking his head at the frowning teens, " I am not gonna let you guys throw yourselves a pity party. Look, I'm the first one to say that things haven't turned out exactly how I would have liked them to this year. But Christmas is all about being grateful for the things that did."

Finn only cocked his head confused wondering out loud, "I thought that was Thanksgiving."

Mr. Shue, simply ignoring the boy continued on, "And this year Glee Club is gonna lend a hand to the McKinney-Vento Homeless Children and Youth Program right here in Lima."