𝔗𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶

𝑬𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒓𝒂

I got home from work a little later than usual and I was late to pick up Serenity from Jonathan.

I had to work a little extra today because I was late to work. I stayed over at Kehlani's again and it messed up my schedule.

I've been spending a lot of time with her recently. We've been having a lot of fun together, we have both learnt a lot about each other.

I knock on Jon's door waiting for him to answer. The door opens and he stands there, Serenity stood beside him.

"Hey Serenity. Sorry I'm so late Princess." She smiles at me and grabs my hand. "It's okay." I look at Jon and just looks back at me.

"You okay?" He asks me. I smile and nod. "Yeah, what about you?" He shrugs. "Just been missing you for real Ele. I know you tired of hearing it but it's the truth."

I didn't tell him I was seeing Kehlani. I don't need to. We aren't together and I don't need to answer to him. He could be seeing someone too.

Not that I care.

Although I am curious.

"I do too but-" Jon holds his hand up cutting me off. "There is no buts Elenora. Why are you doing this? I don't know how many times I have to tell you I'm sorry. It was a poor decision I made."

I roll my eyes. "Sometimes sorry isn't good enough Jonathan. You acting like someone forced you to kiss her. Listen I'm over it. I'll drop Serenity off in the afternoon tomorrow, I got somewhere to be."

He shakes his head and gives Serenity a hug. I take her overnight bag from him and then make my way back across the street to my house.

✰ ✰ ✰

I get up from the couch yawning. Me, Ava and Serenity decided to sleep in the living room because we wanted to have a movie night. I hear shuffling so I look behind me.

Serenity sits up rubbing her eyes. "Morning Princess. You okay?" She nods and gets up from the couch with me. Ava was still asleep, sprawled out on the other side of the couch.

"Come on, let's go and brush our teeth." We walk upstairs to my bathroom and we brush our teeth. I start to fill up the tub with warm water and some bubbles.

I play some music as we wait for the bath to fill up. Once it was done she gets in, playing with the bubbles.

I scroll through my phone as the music still plays. "Are you mad at daddy?" Serenity asks me. I think for a second before responding to make sure I don't say anything that is going to upset her.

"I'm not mad baby. Daddy is just confusing." I say to her. "But you don't spend time with daddy anymore. I don't want you to leave." She says pushing her bottom lip out, looking like she was going to cry.

I kneel down in front of the bath tub and wipe her face. "Princess I'm not going anywhere. I promise. Remember I told you to FaceTime me whenever you want to come and see me okay?"