𝔗𝔴𝔬

Ava

I walk into the kitchen to see Elenora looking in the fridge. I bump her out of the way and grab a bottle of water. "You were in my way." I say to her trying not to laugh. She fills a cup up with water, threatening to throw it at me. "Push me again bitch." She says giggling. I laugh with her as she puts the cup into the sink. Ele walks back to the fridge. "We need to give our new neighbour something." She says to me. 

She pulls out a pineapple from the fridge looking at me. "I can make a fruit salad. It isn't much but it is something." I shrug and sip my water. She pulls out a knife and a chopping board, along with more fruit. "What if this melanin king doesn't like fruit?" I ask her. She looks at me and scoffs. "Melanin king? Anyways, he could still take it. We are welcoming him." She says back to me. 

Elenora washes her hands and the fruit, then walks back to the chopping board. I sit at the island talking to her as she cuts up the fruit, me stealing a piece every now and then followed by a slap to my hand. Elenora finally finishes and arranges the fruit in a dish.

 Elenora finally finishes and arranges the fruit in a dish

She covers it up and washes her hands. "We bringing it over right now?" She nods, shoving her phone in her hoodie pocket. I grab my keys and Elenora grabs the fruit salad. We walk out of the house and walk towards our neighbours house. "I hope he is cute." I say to Ele as she rings the doorbell. She laughs as the door opens. She stands in shock as she realises who it is. 

I look at him with wide eyes

I look at him with wide eyes. He smiles at us and points between me and Elenora. "Are y'all neighbours?" I nod. "Welcome to the neighbourhood DaBaby!" I say fangirling. He laughs. "You can call me Jonathan." I raise my eyebrows. "Government name already?" He laughs again and looks at Elenora. He licks his lips and looks her up and down. She blushes.

 I know she likes him.

Like.

She's crushing hard.

 Now he lives across the street, she is going to lose her shit.

I break the silence by introducing myself. "I'm Ava and this is my bestfriend Elenora. We live literally right across from you." He nods. "Yeah, I saw you guys go out earlier." He says trying to pry his eyes off of Ele. 

She finally speaks up, clearing her throat. "Hi, we made a fruit salad for you." She says to him taking the cover off. "Mhm, it looks real good." He says picking up a strawberry, eating it as he looks into Elenora's eyes. She goes bright red and breaks out in a light sweat. I begin to feel awkward so I try to wrap it up to leave. 

"Okay so, enjoy that." I say pointing to the fruit. He takes it from Ele. "My daughter will. She loves fruit." I smile. "That's cute. We are across the street so feel free to pop by any time." He nods. "Same goes for y'all. I like y'all vibes." I nod. "Okay bye." I say as I pull Elenora away from the door and to our own. "Bye!" He says to us and closes his front door. When we get back into the house, Elenora picks up a unopened letter from the side table by the door and fans herself with it. 

"Oh my, that wasn't real." I laugh. "It was." She puts the letter down and looks at me. "He famous enough for you?" She says smiling at me. I laugh and she laughs with me. "So you met your man?" I say to her in a funny voice. She flicks her hair and poses. "Yes, I did." We walk into the living room. Elenora sighs and takes her hoodie off. "I can't believe he lives across the street. What the fuck? And we can call him by his government name? I just-" She looks at me with wide eyes. 

"I'm just in shock. This is a big deal. One of my favourite rappers lives across the street. Ava! Do you know how crazy that is?!" Ele says shouting. I close my eyes momentarily before speaking. "Ma'am, I'm gonna need you to calm down." I say to her laughing. "Wait until I tell everyone in the groupchat, they are gonna lose their shit for real." She says back to me. I nod and turn my attention to the TV. 

Out of nowhere Elenora lets out a squeal. It scares me so I jump and look at her. "Why would you do that? Scared the hell out of me. Oh my god!" I say to her giving her a dirty look. "I'm sorry. I really can not believe DaBaby lives across the street."

(𝕀 𝕒𝕞 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕥𝕠𝕠 𝕗𝕒𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕚𝕒𝕣 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝔻𝕒𝔹𝕒𝕓𝕪'𝕤 𝕗𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕤 𝕤𝕠 𝕡𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕖𝕖𝕖𝕖𝕖𝕖𝕖 𝕝𝕖𝕥 𝕞𝕖 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕞 𝕚𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕤. 𝕏)

ℭ𝔬𝔪𝔪𝔢𝔫𝔱

𝔙𝔬𝔱𝔢

𝔖𝔥𝔞𝔯𝔢

𝔉𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴