Trust Issues

-Y/N POV-

"So much for not trashing the car"  I muttered as Mozzie and I pulled up to the wrecked vehicle.  We immediately rendered the car unusable, though, not that any occupants were alive to use it.

"Objective could still be inside"  Mozzie said, hopping off his dirt bike.  I followed him, getting off his bike as well.  Oh yeah, I used my ATV as a sudden obstacle in the road, which is what caused the White Mask's to crash in the first place.  As we carefully make our way to the wreckage, I immediately pry the hood open with my combat knife.

"Most things in here seem to be intact"  I spoke to Mozzie as he checked the underbelly of the car for any fuel leakages.  Coming up negative, we deducted that we were free from any immediate danger, and can safely search the car.  I checked in the front seats, but only found dead White Masks, car parts, and a whole lot of weapons.  "Definitely a weapons dealer alright" I mused, picking up an M1 Garand from the lot.  Shouldering it and aiming down the irons, I smiled.

"Like that, mate?"  Mozzie asked from the backseat.  I smiled, resting my new weapon against the car as I moved around to the trunk.

"Love it.  I'm gonna give her a slight repair, and she'll be my new ranged rifle"  I spoke coming up to the trunk.  The trunk door was pretty much wrecked, so I had no problem getting it open.  Once I did open it ,though, I slammed it shut, fear running through my body.  Shaking, I wandered back around to the middle seats, and tapped Mozzie on the shoulder.  "We have a huge problem.  I'm gonna radio the girls.  Do me a favor and don't touch the trunk"  I told him.

"Will do, mate"  he confirmed, giving me a thumbs up.  Nearing 20 minutes later, I see Cav's RSR pull off the backroad and park right by us.  The driver side window rolled down, and all I could see was Ash giving us a sour face.

"I thought I told you NOT to trash it?"  she spoke, unbuckling her seatbelt.  I rubbed the back of my neck.

"Well, Mozzie had a way to stop it, which meant this" I said, pointing to the trashed White Mask vehicle.  "We were on the freeway, so we had to take a risk".  Ash grumbled, but nodded.

"Did we at least secure the objective?"  she asked.  I shrugged, then nodded.

"Still in the trunk.  I'd highly advise we keep it there until we get Doc or Finka down here to grab it"  Ash nodded as the passenger door opened, and Caveira stepped out.  I smiled at her, then quickly looked in horror at her.  Her entire shoulder was soaked in blood.  It was bandaged, pretty hastily, but it was clear she needed medical attention.  "Cavy?  Babe what happened!?"  I asked her as she made her way to the car.  I stopped her midway, making sure we shared eye contact.  She sighed.

"White Mask asshole got a lucky shot in"  my eyes widened as Caveira smirked.  "Don't worry, meu amor.  We ran him over"  she chuckled, jerking her thumb over to her shoulder, pointing to her car.  I looked over to it, and for the first time, noticed the new blood splatter pattern staining the bumper and hood.  I chuckled.

"Nice" I smiled, looking back to Caveira.  "Babe, you need medical aid.  Let's get you back to base-"

"Mission comes first"  she spoke in a flat tone before walking over to the trunk.

"Babe!  I wouldn't if I were you!"  I warned her, jogging over to her as she opened the trunk.

"Can't be that bad, babe, it-"  she trailed off, locking eyes with the objective.  I saw the fear in her face, and the tears well up in her eyes.  Almost as soon as she opened the trunk, she slammed it shut, walked up to me, and crushed me in a tight-ass bear hug.  I said nothing as I held her, feeling her shudder in my grasp.