The Big Mission (Part 5)

"This place is a labyrinth"  Valkyrie groaned as the trio ran into the main armory for the third time in a row.  The first time, they had stocked up on ammo and utilities, but now, it was just anuesence.  Between the maze of halls, and Y/N and Caveira constantly holding each other, the trio was getting nowhere.  Valkyrie had to take out many of the Masks, due to the excess holding, but the two had taken out a few with their sidearms.

"Not an EXIT sign in sight"  Y/N joked, earning a slap from Caveira.  "Sorry" he muttered, rubbing his head.

"What about the garage?"  Caveira suggested.  "That's a way out"

"Yeah, but have we seen it yet?"  Y/N asked.  Valkyrie nodded.

"Before we split up, Me, Taina, and Dom located it"  she informed.  Y/N nodded.

"Right, that's when I met him there."  The girls nodded.  "And it's a guaranteed way out.  Dom and I blew the door"

"You what?"  Valkyrie asked. 

"Blew the door"

"Without me?"

"Well, you weren't there-"

"You blew something up without me!?"

"OKAY!"  Caveira interjected.  "Can we get moving?"  Y/N and Valkyrie nodded.

"Let's"  Y/N stated.  The three nodded and all started moving in separate directions.  After a bit of regrouping to know where they were, and where the garage was, they headed off as a group.  Along the way, Caveira laid her head on Y/N's shoulder, pushing it into him.  Y/N smiled at the action, keeping an arm wrapped around the Brazilian, squeezing her shoulder gently.

"I'm glad we found you, Meu Amor"  Caveira spoke, quietly.  Y/N kissed her head before responding.

"I missed you" he spoke, contently.  The two hugged for a while, not wanting to break apart.  They felt that nothing could separate them.

"Y/N!"   The trio turned to see the White Mask general standing in the hall, breathing monstrously, and holding a death grip on a heavily-stylised katana.  Y/N smirked.

"You realize it's the twenty-first century right?"

"I challenge you!"  the general pointed his blade at Y/N.  "One warrior to another!  And only the strongest shall get out!"

"Fuck off"  Caveira hissed, pointing her Luision at the general.  A second later, a pained cry came out of her mouth, and her pistol clattered to the floor.  Y/N looked at her and grew heated, turning his fiery rage back at the General.  Caveira cradled her hand, a stylized kunai embedded into it.

"Meghan.  Get Taina out of here"

"Y/N-"

"Meghan, that's an order!"  Y/N near-growled.  Valkyrie gulped a bit and nodded, grabbing Caveira.  Caveira swatted her arm away.

"NO!!  I'M NOT SEPARATING FROM YOU AGAIN!!"  she shouted, hugging Y/N's leg.  Y/N gently took Caveira's arm.

"I'll meet you outside, I promise, Meu Amor"  he smiled, kissing her cheek.  Caveira couldn't get any words to come out as Valkyrie got her to her feet.  Y/N could see the same broken look on her face as the day he was left behind in that canyon in Germany.  He knew, like then, this was the best option for her to get out okay.  As long as that was the case, he was alright.

As he turned to face the general, he saw a katana flying at him.  He ducked a bit, catching the bladed weapon by its grip, and held it at its side.

"A fair duel"  the general promoted, leveling his blade vertically over his own face, then bringing it down by his side.  Y/N assumed a ready stance, determined to get this over with and get back to Caveira.

______

"Where's Y/N?!"  Capitao asked loudly as the Germans heaved Valkyrie and Caveira into the helicopter.

"Stayed back to kill the mask leader"  Valkyrie spoke, going over to the weapon locker in the rear of the heli, topping off her mags.  IQ tried to hug Caveira, but this time, the skull-faced operator didn't hug back.  Instead, she gave the German the cold shoulder.

"I just w-want Y/N right now"  she spoke.  IQ felt broken by how she spoke.  She sounded determined, yet unsure.  Unbreakable, yet hurt.  It pained her to see her friend as such.

"Why would he do that?"  Blitz asked.  Valkyrie shrugged, grabbing some extra mags.

"Hell if I knew, but I'm getting him back.  We're not leaving until he's in this chopper"  she spoke flatly, walking up to the cockpit, informing Jager not to leave until Y/N was on board.

"I'm coming too"  Caveira spoke up, on instinct.  Valkyrie took a sharp breath.

"With all respect Taina...I should go alone here, for a quick in and out recovery"

"But-"

"Taina"  Capitao spoke up.  "Meghan is right.  I trust her to get him back here asap" 

"But-"  Caveira was cut off by a tight hug from IQ.  She didn't want the hug, necessarily, but it was clear that IQ was not gonna let go anytime soon, so she held her back.  Sighing, she nodded.  "J-just get him back Meghan"  she sniffled, wiping some tears.  Valkyrie soluted, grabbing some extra gear.

"Marius!  Get me to the garage side!"  

"Copy"  Jager replied into the comms, and flied the heli over to where the garage door was blown open.  Caveira peaked out from the hug with IQ, watching as Valkyrie jumped out from the helicopter, and ran into the base.  Once she didn't see the Navy Seal anymore, she hid her face into IQ, crying.