The Big Mission (Part 2)

"Anything?!"  Caveira shouted over the comms.

"Nope!  And why are we yelling!?"  Valkyrie responded.  "We're like ten feet apart!".  The girls and Bandit had fought their way to the main control room, where Valkyrie was going through the computers, trying to locate Y/N's cell block, and the garage.  Bandit and Caveira guarded the door, waiting to pop any unwanted guests.  Caveira just shrugged.  After some more time on the consoles, Valkyrie smiled.  "Got him"  she spoke, skimming through the files.

"...and?"  Caveira prompted, sounding a bit rushed.

"Basement, that's where the cells are"  she informed.

"Garage?"  Bandit asked.

"Down the hall and to the left"  she spoke in monotone.  Bandit nodded and pulled out a C4, as did Valkyrie.

"Woah woah!"  Caveira hissed.  "This is supposed to be a stealth mission!"

"Okay?  Not like they don't know we're here"  Valkyrie sassed, pointing up.  The noise from the battle outside became more apparent to Caveira's ears then, hearing explosions, faint screaming, gunfire, and helicopter noises.

"They don't know about us three"  she reasoned.

"Again, not that they will"  Bandit responded, strapping his C4 to one of the consoles, Valkyrie placing hers on the adjacent area.  Caveira sighed and nodded, promptly taking her leave, followed by the other two operators.

"Well"  Valkyrie spoke, giving Bandit a quick hug.  "Good luck,"  she spoke.  Bandit nodded.

"Will do".  Caveira also gave him a quick hug, and a wish of good luck.  As the three split off, the sound of two C4s going off rang through the base.

__

Y/N knelt over the body of the Mask that he had just shot through the skull, and collected his spare magazines.  Fortunately, the Mask had been using an A2, so Y/N could just take the ammo.  After doing so, he ducked into what looked to be a supply closet as another wave of soldiers ran down the hallway.  Once the sound of pounding footsteps died away, Y/N emerged from his hiding spot, and ran down the hall, heading up a flight of stairs.  Keeping his barrel pointed out in front of him, he rounded the corner, putting a bullet through the head of a Mask keeping guard of a room.  Y/N recognized the room from the door alone:  The General's Office.

Smirking, Y/N slowly opened the door, swiftly pointing the barrel in before stepping in, only to find it empty.  Slowly, he walked around the room, partly taking in the various vintage decor and world maps and stuff.  He ended up at the General's desk, in which his laptop computer was wide open, and unlocked.  Setting the A2 down, Y/N started skimming the files on the computer, trying to find anything of use.  Most of it seemed to be...tax files?  'How civil can a terrorist get?' Y/N thought, opening a folder labeled "Bridges".  The folder was just a bunch of pictures of bridges.  Sighing, Y/N closed that file.  What more did he expect from it?

Voices from down the hall snapped him back to reality.  He swiftly grabbed the A2 and his under the desk as the General walked in, with a White Mask guard.

"Sir, they're pushing pretty deeply-"

"I know that!"  The General snapped.  Y/N heard him take a breath.  "What are their numbers?"

"Unknown sir.  They're bombarding us from an attack chopper-"

"ONE unit?  You're telling me ONE UNIT is doing all this!?"  The mask took a step back.

"They hit the control room.  Everything is fried."  The general sighed again, and grabbed his laptop from the desk.  As he did, Y/N held his breath, being as silent as possible, not wanting the General to find him.

"Reserves?"  the General asked.

"Almost depleted"  the Mask informed.  The General growled.

"Fire up the Maus, but DON'T deploy until I give the OK!"  he spoke, storming out.

"Yessir"  the Mask answered, following him out.  Once he could hear they were gone, Y/N crawled out of his hiding place, stretching a bit.  He walked into the hall and peaked around the corner.

"I gotta get to the tank."  he muttered, running towards where he assumed the garage was.

___

Caveira barely made a sound as she snuck through the halls of the White Mask base.  She was skilled like that; walking around without an audible trace.  It came in handy in a scenario such as this.  She knew most of the soldiers were out dealing with the diversion hovering around outside, but she didn't want their cover to be blown.  She hoped Bandit could maintain a low profile.

"Almost there.  Just down the hall"  Valkyrie whispered to her, aiming her SMG barrel down the hall.  Caveira nodded, aiming hers as well, and silently walked down to the cell block.  She peeked in, and saw no guards, signaling Valkyrie to be vigilant.  Valkyrie nodded, and the two entered the cell block, and began to search each cell.  Caveira whisper-called Y/N's name a few times, but nothing came back.  She held onto hope as she continued to search the first hall.  When the two came to the T-intersection, they both reported not finding Y/N.

"He's gotta be here"  Caveira spoke sternly.  Valkyrie placed her hands on her friend's shoulders.

"He is, and we'll find him."  she told her.  Caveira nodded, and proceeded left down the hall, while Valkyrie went right, checking the last areas of the cell block.  Approaching the end of her section, Caveira came up with nothing, not even any evidence of Y/N's presence.  She held back tears as she jogged down the hall to where Valkyrie was looking at the floor.  Coming to a stop, Caveira noticed a body at her feet.  She bit her lip and looked at it, and saw it was only a White Mask.  "Death by head trauma"  Valkyrie reported, kicking the body.  Caveira saw the broken mask, and the nasty gashing on the soldier's head.

"Y/N...?"  Valkyrie shrugged.

"Probably.  If that's the case, we know he escaped.  Caveira took a shaky breath and nodded, starting to walk back down the hall, Valkyrie in tow.  They walked down the endless maze of the halls seeming to be lost, until they stumbled across a familiar room.

"THIS IS WHERE WE STARTED"  Caveira yelled in agony, throwing her SMG into the debris of the control room they had blown to bits minutes earlier.  Valkyrie put a hand on her shoulder.

"Taina, calm down.  We know he escaped, and is in the building, but you need to calm down if we are to find him."  she spoke calmly.  Caveira nodded, taking some breaths, and going to pick up her gun.

"Let's just find him"