The Big Mission (Part 3)

A/N:  it's finals time...great.  Short update here just to have something, will give a bigger one after finals, or maybe one for my IQ story, haven't been so active on that one recently...

"Y/N?!"

"Dominic?"

"What are you...how did you get here?"  the German asked, hopping down from the Maus's turret.  Y/N shrugged, and the two broke into a bro hug.

"Heard the general give the order to deploy the thing, figured I should find and disable it"  he shrugged, letting go of Bandit.

"One, well, several steps ahead of ya, my friend.  Engine is completely disconnected, and everything to the drivetrain is offline"  he smiled.  Y/N smirked.

"Nice work.  This place have an exit?"  Bandit pointed to the door that leads back into base.  Y/N chuckled.  "To the base, Dom, not the garage."

"Oh, well, yes, I just can't seem to find the opener."  Y/N wandered over to the huge garage doors that, he presumed, led to the outside.  He looked around, but couldn't find any sort of control box or control panel.  He started to walk back when a whiz of bullets embedded into the garage door.  Instrict had him diving behind the Maus, and readying his stolen gun.  Bandit dropped in next to him, reloading his MP7.

"Any plans?"  Y/N asked, taking some pop shots at the group of masks that had just entered the garage.  He counted at least 5, but he guessed there was upwards of 8, all firing at the Maus.

"I have one, but you may not like it"  Bandit responded, taking a pop shot and killing one of the masks.  'One down, about 7 or so to go' Y/N thought.

"Do I ever?"  he asked, half joking.  Bandit shrugged.

"It's gonna require us both to basically step up on the tank and sling our guns"  he spoke, taking another reload.

"Yep.  I hate it"  Y/N spoke flatly.  "What's even the point?"

"Secondary barrel rounds to shut them up"  Bandit jerked his thumb back behind him.  "Primary shot to bust out of the garage"

"So...we're hijacking the tank?"  Y/N asked.

"Not really.  She's a sitting duck, can't move.  Haven't touched anything to do with the turret yet"  Y/N nodded and grumbled.

"If I die, I'm haunting you from beyond the grave"  he spoke flatly.

"Guilty as charged.  I'll cover you, get up top and be ready on the hatch.  Will require us both to open it." 

"Why not just enter through the emergency exit at the rear?"  Y/N asked, pointing at the semi-obvious hatch on the side of the armor plating.  Bandit grumbled.

"Didn't see it"  he spoke flatly.

"Tank guy.  Sure"  Y/N smirked, grabbing the handle of the hatch, and yanking it open with all his might.  The two climbed in, shutting the hatch behind them, and made their way to the turret.  Once in, Bandit got into the rotation seat and aimed the turret at the group of masks.

"Y/N, shells are loaded, you may fire when ready"

"Roger that"  Y/N replied.  After a few seconds, Y/N fired the secondary gun on the Maus, annihilating the group of masks that were there just a second ago.

"Good shot.  Now switch to the main gun and blow that door to hell" Bandit ordered, aiming the turret at said door.

"Fire in the hole"  Y/N growled, firing the main gun.  The round blew a decent-sized hole in the garage door, and the two could see sunlight pouring in.  It wasn't a huge hole, but enough for the two to walk out, side-by-side.

After they had climbed out, Bandit gave Y/N another bro hug.

"Bro that was awesome!"  he spoke.  Y/N nodded.

"Agreed.  Let's leave this dump"

"Wait.  Where's Taina and Meghan?"  Y/N looked at him.

"They're here?"

"Yeah, they were looking for you, while I was sabotaging the tank"  Y/N growled.

"I'm going back for them"

"Knew you'd say that"  Bandit handed Y/N some spare mags for his stolen AUG.  "Monika gave me some spares, in case I needed to grab one from a mask".  Y/N chuckled and accepted them, putting them in his pockets.

"Good luck, Dom.  Get back to Monika" 

"And you, get back to Taina"  The two nodded, before splitting off.