Gone Sideways

-3rd person POV-

The group of four sat ready at the canyon.  They had rigged explosives to the entrance rocks, which will hopefully be enough to keep them at a halt, so then they could just pick them off.  There was no intention of destroying the objective, as doing so would release the chemical substance into the air, causing anyone who breathed it in to become tools of the White Mask.

"Convoy almost here"  IQ spoke through the comms.

"Bandit, get ready on the explosives"  Caveira radioed back.

"Time to ring some ears" Bandit smirked, running his thumb over the detonation button.  Caveira looked through her ranged sight on her weapon (lent to her by Ash) waiting for the trucks to line up where she wanted.

"Come one you fat idiotas"  the muttered under her breath.  "Come closer".

And they came right to where she wanted.

"Bandit now!"  she spoke.  A few seconds later, a chain of explosions rang out from around them, in the canyon.  Caveira smiled, seeing the Masks frozen in fear, looking up and seeing the rocks tumbling down onto them.  She watched as the lead truck got crushed by a large boulder, then many more masks being crushed, smiling as their blood splattered everywhere.  She was not fazed by the lead truck getting pummeled.  She knew the Masks were smarter than to have something as valuable as the objective in the lead convoy vehicle.  As the rocks began to die down, she nodded at Bandit and IQ, then to Y/N, before leaping over her rock cover, and sliding down the rock-face, gun in hand, firing at the masks.

"Always on the move"  Y/N sighed, hopping over after her.  He saw Bandit and IQ doing the same, sliding down the rockface, firing at the masks.  In the confusion, the masks began randomly firing up, some of the shooting directly upwards, not one shot coming close to the ops.  Having slid down first, Caveira was first to hit the ground, mounting herself and firing at any White Mask she saw.  Y/N landed next, followed by Bandit and IQ.  All four took cover behind large rocks, taking pop-shots where they could.  While they had taken out at least half the convoy, they somehow managed to get pinned down in their current location.

"C4 OUT!"  Bandit called.  His call was followed by a loud explosion, and screams from the White Mask.  From what Y/N could see, Bandit had blown up another truck, sending the Masks into panic.

"Located objective.  Caboose truck"  IQ spoke up, looking through her RED.

"Copy that, moving in"  Caveira acknowledged, her and Y/N moving in on the objective.  Y/N kept his rifle trained on the immediate area of the rear-most truck, while Caveira pointed hers in areas around it, making sure it was clear.  As the two approached the truck, a White Mask heavy jumped them, attempting to fire off his LMG.  While Y/N was knocked back, Caveira was quicker, and got behind the Mask, quickly putting five rounds into the back of his head.  Lowering her weapon, Caveria made her way over to Y/N and extended her hand down to him.
"On your feet, idiota"  she spoke sternly.  Y/N chuckled and accepted the assistance, being helped to his feet as the two broadsided the truck.

"Guys heads up" IQ spoke into the comms.  "Masks just called in reinforcements"

"How do you know?"  Caveira asked, planting her back firmly against the side of the truck, looking down to the cargo doors.  She then noticed some small pebbles on the ground begin to shake.  She knew she shouldn't focus on pebbles on a mission, but she knew what they were signaling:  something was coming.

She was about to drop the thought when the roar of an engine became apparent.  A very loud, powerful engine.  It caught all four off guard.  Not enough to be a fatal mistake, but enough to cause worry.