Monster

(If you can't comment on specific paragraphs, please let me know so I can try to fix that. Thank you!)

Welcome everybody! Ladies, gents and in between!

Here, you will hear the story about how I died.

Hopefully you’ll enjoy it, I know I didn’t. Let the tale commence!

(~’'’~)

It’s kinda hard to live a zombie hellhole peacefully when people come after you, just because of a rumor. Sure it’s a hopeful rumor but it’s a little rude.

“Have you heard of the woman that lives around Sunshine Apartments? Survivors around here say that she got bit but she seems just fine! They say that she has a cure but she keeps it for herself. People say that her bite is on her right wrist. Maybe if you find her and ask, she’ll give you a drop of the antidote.”

“Don’t get her mad though! People say she has fangs that go down to her chest and she’ll bite your head off if you don’t ask nicely.”

Absolute bullshit.

Those rumors are completely false… At least half of it is. I don’t mean to live specifically around those apartments, I just know the area around there and what houses have backup power. It slightly pisses me off that they know where my bite is so they can identify me but hey, it’s Florida, IT’S HOT. I’m also not even a woman! Well, I guess I am but I’m just 16. I do have fangs that just go down below my bottom lip but only when I get really mad and I’ve never killed anyone! The people that heard the rumor probably think of me as a god. Since they think I have the self-proclaimed cure.

I don’t. It’s the harsh truth that people don’t want to believe.

There is a cure and I have some of it but it’s not the one people want.

People want a cure that their zombified friends can touch or drink and they become human again. They want me to give it to them like all their prayers have been answered when really, they’ve just been ignored and forgotten.

The cure I have isn’t for zombies but rather, for people turning into zombies. It focuses on the brain. If your brain hasn’t been infected by the green blood then you can inject it into your bloodstream and it will make your brain stronger. The rest of your body will be infected but thanks to the added strength to the brain. You can still use your body like normal.

Though your eyesight will get bad so you will one hundred percent need glasses or contacts.

Your hearing will increase.

Your strength will increase by a little. (You can finally open that jar of pickles)

Your body from the neck down will have green blood so if you cut yourself, green blood will come out instead.

And… your heart will stop beating. You can breathe like normal but you won’t have a pulse. There’s no way to make it beat again after the green blood gets to it. If anybody else that has a wound or exposure to their bloodstream touches your green blood, it will turn them into a zombie.

I try to explain to people the type of cure I have whenever they do find me and beg me for the antidote. That it won’t do anything for their friend or family member. Some cry, some try to take it from me forcefully, some question if I’ve even tried to test it.

I have… so many times. I’ve tried injecting it into zombies bloodstreams, brains, mouth, everything. They don’t think I understand how they feel but I do.

Some curse me out for being a monster. They’re not wrong about that.

The day of the breakout, I stayed home on a Monday while my sisters had to go to school. My dad went to work and I was home alone. It was around August when it happened. I was a sophomore, one of my sisters being a freshman and the other, a senior. They took the same bus home.