Trespassing

The green blood inside of me is the source of everything. 

(~’'’~)

March. The days pass as quickly as the zombies grow. The date doesn't matter to them, and neither does it matter to Diane. To be fair, she doesn't think she'll make it to her birthday so she's not a good example.

Every day wasn't the same but it was never totally different. It almost always started and ended with laying down in the hospital beside the people who they all considered friends.

Today wasn't supposed to be different, it wasn't planned to be and it wasn't in a way they would've wanted. 

Diane, Tommy, Wilbur, Schlatt, and Dream were out for a while. They were trying to find gas stations nearby that were clear or weren't inhabited. There wasn't much luck but the zombies didn't matter that much to Diane but they held her back from deciding to ambush the poor, unsuspecting zombies.

Since the cars were almost out of gas, they were walking and took almost three hours outside. Time wasn't that much of an issue and if there was a problem, they had walkie talkies since phones couldn't call or text without the telephone poles.

Schlatt sighed at the sky as they walked back.

"Now we gotta go again tomorrow~." He whined at the fact of them not finding what they needed while Dream didn't care much for it.

"It's not like we can steal gas-! Wait!" That's when he got this brilliant idea. "We could just get the gas from the car's." 

"Nope, regular gasoline starts going bad at the latest, six months. Gas in the stuff at gas stations has the best chance at not getting us blown up." Diane swatted down the idea like a fly bugging her as Schlatt groaned along with Dream complaining about how he was so close.

They got close to the hospital, the main entrance still had some zombies in view, mainly to show that the hospital was still infected when really, that was just six zombies walking around with nowhere else to go because the other entrances were blocked.

Diane got a slightly uneasy scent creeping to her nose but shook it off as the group walked around the building to get in through the back door. 

The door was supposed to always be locked and a select few of the group had keys because Diane stole them from the zombies she took care of and checked if they unlocked the back door. 

Yet, she saw the door was wide open with the hinges broken.

Diane saw it first and froze but quickly shook it off and assumed that a fanged zombie got in. The rest of the group rounded the corner and immediately got concerned seeing the door broken.

Diane walked cautiously inside, crouching to look inside the open rooms near them. The rest pulled out their weapons, consisting of knives and the firearms in their pockets. Knives were always the first choice to not attract any unneeded attention.

She stopped and looked back to them with slightly widened eyes.

"I smell blood," She looked back to the front and stood up straight. "Red blood." 

The difference between red and green blood scent wise was that red smelled more metallic while green had a touch of… disgust? It's hard to explain.

This time, she walked past rooms with haste in her steps. All she knew was that a human was bleeding a lot and the only humans supposed to be there were her friends. The boys behind took a quick look in the rooms just in case but Diane knew just how close they were getting to the source.