Listen. Please.

Listening to people is easy. Maybe it's because of my lack of memory. I have more space to take words in. The feelings, the emotions. I don't have to worry about my own baggage so I'll lend an ear.

(~'´'~)

After seeing how Diane was still having trouble dealing with newly cured humans, Ms. Z decided to take it a step further and make it so Diane had to have a person with her.

The explanation consisted of how having someone so clearly human with someone that looked very much not human would help the cured zombies not be as confused.

It hurt Diane's feelings for a moment before accepting it. She couldn't go against Ms. Z and while she didn't like having to consistently protect someone while doing search and rescue, she wasn't alone for hours on end.

Especially when that person started to be Percy. Soldiers were nice to talk to and not super strict all the time but they were also not very helpful to ease the survivors. If anything, sometimes they'd encourage the soldier to get the ‘zombie’ away.

Once Ms. Z caught wind of that, she made Percy the first choice as she couldn't put any other survivor in danger or ‘to work’ as she called it.

After the love topic, Percy asked if she could hear about Tommy while outside with Diane. Reluctantly, Diane nodded and went back to her room to get prepared for the day.

She felt better knowing that she had more time to talk to her friends ever since Ms. Z gave her more free time in her schedule.

Diane texted in the group chat before personally texting Tommy himself. He'd sent a text message about her coming back to England yesterday and she procrastinated answering that specific message before realizing that he still wanted to see her.

She really wanted to ignore it. Ignore him. This was better for everyone. But no.

‘It'd be selfish to just ignore him for your own sake’. Diane thought.

All of a sudden, Tommy was calling her. She was just about to press a letter on the keyboard and ended up answering the call immediately, almost making her drop her phone.

“HOLY SHIT-”

“Uhhhh you good there?” Tommy asked. Almost laughing at her outburst.

“Yeah! Yeah, I just didn't expect you to call at this time, thought you'd be streaming.” Diane came up with a proper excuse and a bit of a conversation starter.

“Nah, I decided not to today, just thought that a certain someone would love to talk to the biggest man ever on a special day.” Tommy flexed his arms even though Diane couldn't see the action since both of their cameras were off.

“...I'm not even gonna argue with how you're not even the biggest boy, let alone man. I've gotta go in like less than two minutes because Ms. Z will definitely throw a hissing fit if I'm late to work.” Diane grabbed her small things, a few extra syringes that she had leftover the day before and a few more looks in the mirror to see if she looked good to go outside.

“I AM THE BIGGEST-” He cut himself off, most likely drinking some Coke before he continued talking. “LOOK, THIS-I'm yelling, I should stop yelling at you.”

“Yeah, probably.” Diane responded, looking at the time before concealing her wince. She grabbed her phone, she'd left it on the bed this entire time, and started to close out her tabs.

“Yeah, I actually wanted to ask if you could come here? It's been a few weeks and we all miss you, though I definitely miss you the most, apart from Joe, of course. You deserve a break, today at least!”