Remember

Memories. Something that everybody has. Everybody has those memories they regret, the ones they cherish.

(~'´'~)

Two weeks. Two weeks of this horrendous schedule that Ms. Z said was ‘made for Diane’. She was obviously wrong as Diane didn’t have the energy to talk to people. The zombies she’d cure, the girl tried to keep up the attitude of ‘it’s not their fault, nothing has changed, you saved them’

But it was hard when she had to fight both zombies and actual survivors . Her having the cure stopped a good amount of survivors from assuming she was hostile but if she was visibly bleeding or had her fangs grown out, they’d get hostile themselves, threatening to shoot or chop off her head.

It only happened a few times so far, the only bullet shot at her was just a graze at her arm. Diane knew she had to hide her injuries better, either with more bandages or clothing, even if it was May.

Though Diane did try to keep to the schedule as best as she could, since Ms. Z did nitpick a few times whenever she was a few minutes off, Diane just couldn’t get it off her mind anymore.

She had to go back.

So, the girl stared at the building. Some old Seven-Eleven, being slowly overtaken by nature like so many other structures. It was definitely far from the hotel, farther than what Ms. Z would’ve liked but Diane didn’t care. She had to fix it.

Standing outside the gas station, Diane held a syringe, ready to use it in a moment’s notice. She heard noises coming from the side of the building.

“Of course you went back to the bathrooms.” Diane made her way over, making direct eye contact with it. A zombie. A zombie that had Karl’s hair, Karl’s painted nails, even if the nail polish was scratched to hell. It was him. A person. At least, it would be.

Diane let the zombie come to her, making her grimace at the way it easily dragged itself to try and bite her. It didn’t get the chance to even touch her before Diane stepped to the side and injected the cure into its arm.

The skin started to slowly revert back to its original color, still accompanied by the groans and screams of pain. ‘Surely, there has to be something that can change in the cure for it to be less painful?’ Diane thought.

Didn’t matter in the end, the body collapsed to the ground, making Diane sigh and sit down on the tarmac. She looked inside the gas station, remembering their exact actions, the boys that had gone inside in what seemed so long ago.

Wilbur was holding something above Quackity with Techno watching, Tommy and Tubbo were arguing over what flavor slush to get. Dream was walking around with Schlatt, trying to decide which donut the both of them should get.’

She scoffed. That was a bad day. She got bit, Tommy got bit, Karl got bit, everybody had to run, horrible experience. Diane looked back at Karl, laying there on the ground.

“At least I fixed something from back then. Wasn’t gonna let you rot out here any longer, don’t care who tells me that,” Diane picked up a rock, throwing it somewhere. “-that I can’t be this far out.”

Karl only breathed. Showing no signs of real consciousness.

“Right, you probably won’t remember me when you wake up, won’t remember anything for a few minutes. I should get us that ride back to the hotel, huh?” Diane said. No response.

Diane pulled out her dispatcher and hit it a few times.

“Ms. Z.”

“Yes, Diane?”