Family?

My family wasn’t around from the start of the apocalypse. I don’t know if that was a pro or a con.

(~’'’~)

The room around was unfamiliar as the fabric underneath felt soft under the pale skin.

The cold was still there in her skin but even so, she was gaining consciousness. Her body slightly tilted to the door as the first thing she heard was Karl. Not paying attention to his tone. She knew that now she wasn't alone.

"ᵘᵍʰʰ." Barely in a whisper, she started pushing against the bed with her hands against the sheet.

Her foot hitting the floor as she sat up. Her surroundings didn't matter to her as she didn't feel her left leg.

'Shit.' She sighed as she stood up, wobbling on her legs. Shifting her weight to her right leg.

"Ah pog!" She could hear Tommy talking about… something while she started walking slightly, using the wall as support.

The door was already open which made things easier for her.

Her shoes were off as her socks made her footsteps invisible. Walking down the hallway, hearing the conversation going in multiple ways. She felt no need to make a dramatic entrance as she would probably do that anyway with no effort.

Making herself visible to the living room from the wall she was leaning on, Wilbur was the first to acknowledge her.

“Ayyyyy! She’s awake!” He lifted up whatever drink he had in his hand as others celebrated with him.

“You good? We got your glasses.” Dream said, Patches by his side, sleeping.

“Yeah-I mean my leg is numb but eh.” She scoffed at their reaction as she pushed herself off the wall and leaned on the couch from behind.

“Hey! Your voice is back! Poggers!” Fundy yelled with Wilbur and Phil celebrating as well. 

“I swear if you guys stayed inside for me...” She shook her head. Almost in disappointment.

“No-no-no-no-no. It’s actually hailing so it wasn’t because of you.” Alex said, eating another spoonful of… what is that?

“Oh guess what! I found ice cream! I’m pretty sure there’s enough for you to enjoy yourself!” Karl said as he held up a vanilla carton. 

Sitting down beside Tommy, who offered her some of the carton he was sharing with Tubbo and Ranboo, she grimaced at the sweet chocolate in the spoon.

“Oh yeah, just give the person who just woke up from hypothermia, ice cream. Great idea.” Alex said while leaning back into the couch cushions. Tommy ignored him and took a little offense to her look.

“What?! Do you not like ice cream? I swear I’ve seen you eat dairy.” Tommy was lowkey thinking of the possibility of her being lactose intolerant but she quickly dismissed the idea.

“No-no! I like it! Or at least I hope so…” She rubbed the back of her head while looking to the side.

“I haven’t exactly… tasted it ever since I… turned.” She sweatdropped at the thought of her tasting it and immediately disliking it. That wouldn’t be nice to anybody until Techno interrupted her train of thought.

“Might as well get the trial over with. See if you still like it. Though it would suck if you just ended up hating ice cream.” Oh yeah sure, Technoblade. That helped.

Tommy just held a spoon of the chocolate flavor to her mouth as her lip quivered a little. 

Nervous, she just leaned forward and ate it. Savoring the flavor and texture to see if her taste buds changed for ice cream as well as raw meat. Her eyes closed out of anxiety as she started savoring it until it melted away.