Working out

My endurance is monster-like. It makes up for my lack of sleep but it also doesn’t let me know when to quit.

(~'’'~)

Morning came, well, more like it was almost 5:00 AM so nobody was awake yet.

Diane’s eyes started fluttering open and all she could hear was what she assumed was the heartbeat of a sleeping person. What she didn’t expect was the person to be with her on the couch sleeping right under her. It was Tommy.

His right arm resting on her back while the left was hanging off the couch. Her hands were just close to her face, resting on his chest.

She didn’t know what time it was and she wished she could fall asleep once again but she wanted to try out having power in one limb and it was probably best if everybody was asleep so they wouldn’t watch her fail.

She crept out of his hold without waking him up and sidestepped the other people sleeping on the floor. Patches walked past her leg while purring up against it.

Diane made her way to the bathroom to change into her regular attire of short jeans and any shirt that wasn’t tight and was about to make way to the disabled part of the hospital. That part where people with prosthetics or broken bones practice walking or exercising to get better. It wasn’t that far but she wouldn’t disturb anybody if she ended up getting frustrated. 

Anyway, she was about to make her way there when she passed by the kitchen. Remembering her daily nutritional meal that only consisted of a raw or cooked slice of any kind of meat. She grabbed a half cut piece of steak and started eating it when she remembered what Niki said yesterday.

The steak was hanging from her mouth as Diane decided to grab some chocolate granola bars for the day.  

She walked into the rectangular room and there was everything she needed. Weights, a punching bag, yoga mats. Everything for exercising.

It would be quite boring telling you every little thing she did to warm up so we’re skipping to almost one hour later. 

The warm up was done a while ago as she started kicking. Being 5’5 and weak in the arms is a bad combination in the zombie apocalypse so doing high kicks was something she’d done a lot. This wasn’t the first time she worked out.

Everytime she used the inhuman strength, her body would be sore afterwards and it would feel heavy as she used it. So in theory, if she built up body mass to support the extra weight, it would be easier to use it.

At least, that’s what she thought.

It’d been a while since Diane pressured herself to build muscle to survive but that was before everybody. The only reason she had to build herself up was to survive zombies and humans. Now it was to help everybody survive zombies and humans. 

She made sure to exercise without the strength so it wouldn’t be easier for her. Though it made her want to when she couldn’t raise the weights high enough or when she felt weak against the punching bag that would barely move. 

She groaned in frustration and moved back to the yoga mat she used for her warmup. Being flexible was a strong suit for her. It made sense so she could kick zombie heads off and attack in different ways or her fast reflexes wouldn’t be that useful.

The time of her trying to build muscle while failing to go through with some exercise was about 30 minutes and her stretching took around another 25 minutes so it was now… 6:47 AM? Definitely about to be 7:00 though she couldn’t care less. Figuring that that was enough time to procrastinate and get ready, it was time for the attempt at putting power in one limb.