Stars at the beach

The fact that the ocean is filled with saltwater made me cringe since the smell almost burns my nostrils.

(~’'’~)

The two teenagers came back with a trunk full of beverages and drove right onto the sand so everybody could just get whatever kind of drink they wanted.

Diane jumped out and opened the trunk ro display the various array of sodas.

Tommy got out of his seat, holding the styrofoam cups and putting them in the trunk standing up. He walked back to Tubbo who was anxious to hear what had happened.

"So? Anything happen? Any… events?" Tubbo tried to make it inconspicuous since Diane was just talking with Ranboo, Phil, and Fundy who had come over to get something to drink. 

"Nothing, I didn't do it." Tommy dropped down next to Tubbo and put his knees up to rest his arms on.

"Did you freeze up again?"

"...maybe."

"Tommy~!" Tubbo whined while Tommy just put his face in his hands.

"I know, I know! I'm gonna do it! I know I will." Tommy tried not to worry Tubbo but it almost sounded like he was in denial even if he wasn't.

"You sure you're not just fooling yourself?" Tubbo questioned him while Tommy looked at the girl that had cut his hair before they even left the hospital so the heat wasn't unbearable.

"I hope not."

°^°

The sky went from bright blue to a pastel pink mixed with orange. It was the type of sky that Diane had grown to love since the blue sky now seemed so bright like fluorescent lights.

Now a lot of people were going into the sea while Tubbo and Diane were sitting on the wet sand, watching the others throw an inflatable beach ball around.

Tubbo was glancing at Diane every now and then to see who she was looking at and every time, it would be Tommy.

Though every time Tubbo would look back at Tommy, he'd be getting bullied by Wilbur and almost get drowned or the ball would be coming to him so there was actual motive to look at him without affection as a reason.

"You know, I live by the sea." Tubbo looked at Diane who heard him and locked eyes with him.

"Really?"

"Yeah! Back in England, the beach isn't very far from me. Though it's really sandy here."

"Yeah, it's great for the aesthetic even if it gets everywhere."

It was when Sapnap screeched that the duo looked back to see Karl and Quackity ambushing him by splashing him with water so hard that he couldn't even find an opening to rub his eyes.

They both laughed a little as Diane looked back down at the sand and drew little faces.

"Too bad we can't get a house here." She stated to which Tubbo seemed mildly confused but not super disappointed.

"Why's that?" Tubbo put his head on his knees 

"Believe it or not, there's actually a lot more fanged zombies here than back in Orlando. The smell is everywhere, sometimes it's just stronger so I know that there's one nearby but it's kinda hard to pinpoint it."

Diane explained how different it was in this area than back where they stayed while Tubbo just listened and threw in some questions every now and then.