Protect

In a group, there will always be a designated protector. Somebody will always look to someone else to protect unless you are that somebody.

(~'''~)

Being on top of the roof suddenly didn't seem so bad to Diane. Sure, she was apart from the group but at least she was out of sight from the people below that resorted to a dog whistle to find her.

It just showcased the obvious fact that strangers just want what they want, not caring too much about the people around them unless they have a heart or they benefit from the excess actions.

Diane had green blood slowly dripping down from her earlobes, barely noticing that she dropped the keys to the hospital. Silently, she cursed out how accessible dog whistles were.

"Look, if you're here for the zombie girl, piss off. We were here first."

"Excuse me?" Tommy asked, anger somewhat seeping through his tone while Diane started to slowly back up, trying to not have any steps give away her location even though she had to step forward once to get the keys off of the ground.

"You heard me, step off." Diane could only imagine the fight if it were to escalate to that but getting off the roof was the main priority. Thankfully, the new, masculine voice let out a sigh, perhaps indicating that he didn't want an actual fight either.

"Maybe you haven't heard, but this... is supposed to attract her. After all, that's what we've heard." The lengthy pause was probably to show off something materialistic, people still do that in the zombie apocalypse which shows that some things never change.

Diane didn't have time to pick apart the conversation and she realized that once she heard the piercing sound invade her eardrums once again, nearly dropping the keys a second time.

"Hey-what the fuck man! That's ours!" Diane took that as a cue to stuff the keys into her pockets and finally jump off the roof into the backyard. Sapnap, grateful to see her, helped her get up.

"Yeah? Well, you're an idiot if you think that'll attract anything other than zombies." Quackity said, taking the focus of the argument off of specifically Tommy, who was giving the guy a very mean glare, and making it the reality.

"Besides, it's annoying." The reality of being outnumbered as Skeppy added his own opinion.

Jacob gritted his teeth for a moment before putting a hand on the girl behind him, her shoulder being gently grabbed by the teenager.

"Let's go Em. Bunch of dicks here." The retreating footsteps let Diane know that it was fine to go back around the house, making sure that Sapnap knew as well. They both regrouped with everybody else. Hugs and little sighs of relief greeted them.

Diane showed off the keys with an accomplished grin on her face, barely throwing them once in the air and catching them with ease before pointing to the street for them to start walking. She put the keys back in her pocket for safe keeping.

Tommy came up to her, concerned and staring at one side of her face. It didn't take a genius to know what he was doing as Diane shook her head and tried to push him back to the rest of the group instead of sticking by her.

"Oh come on!" He yelled, Tommy turned around to walk beside her but still not making it subtle that he was looking at her ears. It wasn't long until he actually touched one of them and Diane winced, no sound leaving her mouth yet the pain was loud enough for him.

"That sensitive, huh?"

Diane nodded and tried to shoo him away but was humbly reminded that one of Tommy's best and worst traits is his stubbornness. The boy ended up walking alongside her, easily making a one-sided conversation appear out of thin air since the first subject was just about how 'Jacob' was basically a prick.